Razer Twisted Treeline Tournament - Only 16 Teams Remain!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

liezryou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdudefool View Post
Im expecting AON to win (its a shame messiahs not there), but im willing to bet Dan Dinh's team and SUP will put up a good fight.
Yeah, sadly messiah can't participate because of some BS technicality about where he lives.

random543210

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

This is a reply to all the flaming euros who rage because they cant play. Go to esl.eu they have an offical ladder etc and have tournaments for LoL and many games play there ffs.

TreeEskimo

The Council

04-20-2010

Sadly no legitimate team in any pro tournament would livestream a tough match as it puts you at too much of a disadvantage. Largely due to players cheating and watching the stream (you can't deny human nature, there will be people out there who will do anything to win, there have been people who have tried to hack in almost every legitimate tournament for other E-sports out there). But on top of that livestream is rather buggy at times and can give even the best systems some performance hits. I've heard this largely revolves around their buggy chat system, but it also seems to happen when the stream gets >700 viewers.

I'm going to try to upgrade my system so I can fraps any important games without any performance hits, but frapsing at 60 FPS can currently give my system lag spikes. Overall my teams solution might be to open a new livestream account and stream to the anonymous account and then release the account to the public when the matches are over. This is definitely not the ideal solution, especially because the account will not be verified and only 50 people will be able to watch the games at any given time, but without replays it seems like the best / most convenient thing for us to do to allow everyone else to watch the matches.

Although I really wish riot would use their "robust replay system" to record these matches on their end. Last I heard they had the capability to record replays, it just broke every patch and that would make it too inconvenient to ship out to the public. Well if there's a way for them to use their current system to record the games for the current patch then that would be amazing.

They could even have Phreak shoutcast the matches for bonus epicness !

P.S.

<3 edwy "the scrub" that post made my day. I guess you'll have to pwn me in BFBC2 now

Identify

04-20-2010

why are u sayinng m8 wins against us?

Elementz

The Council

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicKisH View Post
The day I see the scrub Edwy win a LoL tournament is the day I re-retire.
LOL! Wow get crusht more Edwy XD

snore

04-20-2010

Cute tournament is cute.

PENHALIGAN

04-20-2010

how easy would it be to cheat if it was streaming live though? i mean really. set up a desktop next to you with the other players game live next to you. you couldnt jungle, you couldnt gank, and you would know where everyone is throughout the whole game. its like TF's ult but constantly.

liezryou

Recruiter

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post
Sadly no legitimate team in any pro tournament would livestream a tough match as it puts you at too much of a disadvantage. Largely due to players cheating and watching the stream (you can't deny human nature, there will be people out there who will do anything to win, there have been people who have tried to hack in almost every legitimate tournament for other E-sports out there). But on top of that livestream is rather buggy at times and can give even the best systems some performance hits. I've heard this largely revolves around their buggy chat system, but it also seems to happen when the stream gets >700 viewers.

I'm going to try to upgrade my system so I can fraps any important games without any performance hits, but frapsing at 60 FPS can currently give my system lag spikes. Overall my teams solution might be to open a new livestream account and stream to the anonymous account and then release the account to the public when the matches are over. This is definitely not the ideal solution, especially because the account will not be verified and only 50 people will be able to watch the games at any given time, but without replays it seems like the best / most convenient thing for us to do to allow everyone else to watch the matches.

Although I really wish riot would use their "robust replay system" to record these matches on their end. Last I heard they had the capability to record replays, it just broke every patch and that would make it too inconvenient to ship out to the public. Well if there's a way for them to use their current system to record the games for the current patch then that would be amazing.

P.S.

<3 edwy "the scrub" that post made my day. I guess you'll have to pwn me in BFBC2 now
+1

Nokturnol

04-20-2010

Quote:

P.S.

Had a team cheat via a live stream put up by the people running a Counter-Strike lan tournament. Morons didn't put any delay on it, other team was watching the entire time via a big screen + projector they put up for all the people that were knocked out. The tourney was held in a big open warehouse.

Sadly, even with the enemy team cheating and knowing a couple of our locations (can only follow 1 person at a time) we still won.

So my advice for anyone trying to broadcast the games, put a 10 minute delay on everything.

Uniqlo

04-20-2010

Quote:

P.S.

There are a few other recording programs you can use beside fraps. There is one called Growler Guncam that wont lag you as much but you will sacrifice a bit of quality depending on the settings. I used to use it in an old fps game as a way of proving that you were legit. Decent alternative if you lag with fraps.