New Cassiopeia Players & Smart Cast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Hi New Cassi Players (including myself),

If you decided to try Cassi because she's free, I would like to share an extremely helpful mechanic in LoL called Smart Cast: This feature is accessed through the Keybinding menu when you press Esc. Smart Casting allows you to use skills without having to use the cross-hairs to target the enemy or ally. I included a picture to show where to find Smart Casting in the Keybing menu.

How does this apply to Cassiopeia?

Cassi's E spell (Twin Fang) requires you to push E, target the cross-hairs over the enemy and click on them in order to use the skill; inefficient if you are trying to spam the skill as fast as possible for max damage. Smart Casting allows you to simply hold the cursor over your target, just like her Q spell acts by defaults, and spam E as fast as possible so you can quickly crank out the damage. In order for this to work well, I recommend changing Smart Cast Spell 3 to [e] instead of [Alt][e] - the alt is normally the default but that is inconvenient in this situation.

I hope, by sharing this information, you will have an easier time playing her because she is a fun character. Smart Cast does not benefit every champion or every spell -- ometimes it makes them more complicated than necessary -- but Cassi needs it to be the biggest threat. It is easy to get used to Smart Cast with her because her Q spell acts like a Smart Cast without actually being setup in the menu.

Here is the picture, just click the thumbnail

Quinius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

Smart casting is good for just about any spell that you have to click the target for, not just Cass's E (although smart cast is really good for that). If also helps for LeBlanc's Q R combo so that they do not get out of range in between clicks.

Kuryaka

07-14-2011

I smartcast everything. Clicking makes you about half a second slower, which may be the difference between getting the kill and missing completely. It's really personal preference, but I've gotten used to it to the point that I smartcast Call of the Void and Anivia's Wall.

Smartcasting also allows you to pull off things like dropping Miasma in escape more easily - just hover over, W, and click forward madly.

PvtJuice

07-14-2011

Smartcasting Amumu's Tantrum is so key in winning a game.

LOL JK.

But really, it's good to smart cast any type of skill shot or spammable ability. My gameplay actually declined over about 2 weeks from using smart casting so I had to go back to normal, but others say that it improves over time. I guess just stick to it and after a while it will become "normal".

Melogrunty

07-14-2011

One top of the top players bigfatjiji is streaming Cassi games if you want to watch for ideas on item builds and how to play. He's facing Gragas mid atm http://www.own3d.tv/live/13576/CLGaming.net_-_bigfatlp