Battle Janna build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fat Battler

04-19-2010

What's a good Battle Janna build?

I tried out Trinity Force + a bunch of Zeals, and that was cool, but I want to know if there's something better.

Since her attack speed is so meh, I should have figured that raising attack was pretty unhelpful, and damage is the way to go, but I dunno.

I want to say Frozen Mallet and Infinity Edge, but that seems way too expensive.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Here's a guide to battle janna i made a while ago.

Overall it works just fine, although crit damage runes are no longer as powerful and as such the crit focus of the build is no longer an amazing idea. Using this with an armor pen rune page instead should do just as well.

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=50908

skystream92

04-19-2010

I always wonder why people like to battle Janna.

SsapS

04-19-2010

As was put in the AP vs AD teemo guide, one of the people that posted there said something simliar to :

You can make Karthus/ryze/veigar crit/as/ad and still do a ton of damage, it doesn't mean hes supposed to be played as a AD champ.

However I have seen a AD janna with run speed quints and crit tear it up pretty good, very good for chasing people down. But......shes a support class.....

The Fat Battler

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsapS View Post
As was put in the AP vs AD teemo guide, one of the people that posted there said something simliar to :

You can make Karthus/ryze/veigar crit/as/ad and still do a ton of damage, it doesn't mean hes supposed to be played as a AD champ.
Okay, you have a general idea down, but you need to think about a character and their abilities before you think of them as viable or not.

Why don't AD Karthus, AD Veigar, and AD Ryze work? Because they have no moves that synergize with AD, and they don't have escapes.

Quote:
However I have seen a AD janna with run speed quints and crit tear it up pretty good, very good for chasing people down. But......shes a support class.....
What makes her good as a Support character? What item build is best for her, then?

skystream92

04-19-2010

Get some CDR on her, mana regen, and a small bit of AP and Pen. Then shield your carry, and disrupt their entire team with low cd tornados, slows, and your ult when necessary.

Honestly, no one can cc like janna.

SsapS

04-19-2010

What skystream said, CDR is godly on her, as much as everyone flames the tornado, it can stun an ENTIRE TEAM if aimed correctly, plus her ulti to separate a group of people offensively and/or protect/heal teamates. With CD reduction the Ulti CD isnt that bad either and you can spam tornadoes.

Okay lets look at the Skills(btw i did think of this before I posted)

Howling Gale - Doesn't scale with AD, Knocks them up in the air, can hit them a few times with auto attack (single target), or looking at it from the support angle, you can possibly knock 1-5 champs in the air while the rest of your team (at least I know ranged can) is still attacking them.

Zephyr - Movement speed or slow with a little damage. No benefit from AD besides being able to chase someone down, again looking at it from a support view, slowing them down for your carries / team to pummel.

Eye of the storm - Okay. A SHEILD. Enough said, doesn't benefit AD in any way except maybe you can harass better idk. Support view - Protect your carries so they can do what they do.

Edit: Oh and in case you meant around the characters I mentioned. Veigar / Ryze / Karthus. None of they're skills benefit from AD and you would just be ******ed because they're AP scaling is good.

Ulti - Not even gonna go there

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsapS View Post
What skystream said, CDR is godly on her, as much as everyone flames the tornado, it can stun an ENTIRE TEAM if aimed correctly, plus her ulti to separate a group of people offensively and/or protect/heal teamates. With CD reduction the Ulti CD isnt that bad either and you can spam tornadoes.

Okay lets look at the Skills(btw i did think of this before I posted)

Howling Gale - Doesn't scale with AD, Knocks them up in the air, can hit them a few times with auto attack (single target), or looking at it from the support angle, you can possibly knock 1-5 champs in the air while the rest of your team (at least I know ranged can) is still attacking them.

Zephyr - Movement speed or slow with a little damage. No benefit from AD besides being able to chase someone down, again looking at it from a support view, slowing them down for your carries / team to pummel.

Eye of the storm - Okay. A SHEILD. Enough said, doesn't benefit AD in any way except maybe you can harass better idk. Support view - Protect your carries so they can do what they do.

Ulti - Not even gonna go there
"*******http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100319034032/leagueoflegends/images/c/c4/EyeOfTheStorm.jpg********
Eye Of The Storm (Active): Janna conjures a defensive gale that shields her target from incoming damage while increasing their physical damage for 10.5 seconds (can target Turrets).
  • Cooldown: 10.5 seconds
  • Range: 800"

durr?

CapnForc

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
Get some CDR on her, mana regen, and a small bit of AP and Pen. Then shield your carry, and disrupt their entire team with low cd tornados, slows, and your ult when necessary.

Honestly, no one can cc like janna.

This.

Sure, she has a shield that increases damage, but that means you should use it on people who are made to dps. Someone who's got a skill that increases attack speed preferably (twitch, TF, Trist, Yi, etc.).
Just because you can cast it on yourself doesn't make it a good idea to build her around that. The DPS Jannas I see just tickle and make me laugh as she gets her ******* torn in half by our real DPS.

The best Jannas I see work with their team to be an all around *****, harrasing us before team fights, slowing our carries or those trying to escape and interrupting us during the team fight, then chasing down and hindering any who escape, assuming we lost.

SsapS

04-19-2010

Okay whatever sheild adds a little dps . it doesnt scale with dps, and like capnforc said, put it on your carry dps.

Well before I get flamed for the tiny errors, I really don't have any idea if the damage buff is a % increase or a static increase.