Reflecting the Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrButtermancer

04-19-2010

Alright, so I might be in a unique situation here.

I like playing with fixed camera.

OKAY. Sorry, it's weird, I know. It's bad form sometimes and I'm able to free the camera when I need to. However, I've noticed something while playing with the camera fixed; it is incredibly difficult to lane downwards. Why is this? I believe it is because the camera focuses on your character model and not upon where they are standing on the ground. This is apparent upon viewing the minimap; the your character symbol is off-center of your "box" while playing with fixed camera. This means you can see more terrain above you than below; in this sense playing downwards with fixed camera is disadvantageous compared to playing upwards.

While my situation is likely rare, I feel that a map reflect option would benefit many of the players of LoL; it would provide consistency in team fights, make it easer for new players to find the buffs, and allow for perfectly even sides during Tournament play regardless of a player's individual preferences.

I've actually heard that this used to be how every match was run, and I ask, "why did you change it?" This option would greatly improve my gameplay experience; before every game I'm hoping to be "blue team" because they are arbitrarily placed bottom.

If you feel as I do, or even if you support the spirit of this request, please "like" this post; it would be fantastic to call this to Riot's attention. This could benefit many players.

Alzarath

04-19-2010

I don't see what you mean by reflect. But one solution I could think of is to be able to rotate the screen in 4 directions. (default, left, right, down) This would make it so each team can just rotate the map to how they want. Only 4 directions so the minimap can be rotated properly with it as well. Others have had problems with this, yes.

MrButtermancer

04-19-2010

Yeah, that's what I mean. Allow for 180 degree revolution of the map so either purple or blue can be playing up or down depending on each player's preference.

Amuxix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

I think you don't need to change the camera, you can just change the UI. I have been changing some UI scales since they were too big and there is also anchors not sure but you could try switching minimap for TitanBar(the bar with time and your kills, deaths, assists.
This should fix your problem. I might try it out to see if works, whisp me if you wanna know how to do it.

Helenek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

this has been asked a bajillion times, old news.

zero51423

03-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenek View Post
this has been asked a bajillion times, old news.
old news, maybe, but it has not been addressed by riot in any way. If it has been brought up so many times, then maybe it deserves some attention?

Sikozu

05-16-2011

I agree with most everyone. Personally I'd think the easiest coding fix would be to just orient the 5v5 map/mini-map similarly to that of the 3v3 map. In other words make the dominate travel go alone a horizontal axis, instead of the vertical (angled) approach we have now.

That way there is no complicated coding for one team over the other.

Another option would be to offer a "Birds Eye" camera angle, or multiple camera angles that a player can choose from. Or even allow a player alter the place the camera anchors to when its locked.

$0.02