[Suggestion] Ban List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hecatus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

Wow, I'm surprised this thread got revived a year later.

I'm much obliged for the bumping - and here I thought it was just ignored.

As far as the more recent posts are concerned about banning all your opposition - that isn't really a legit method as far as I'm aware of. If you play stupidly easy opponents you get nothing out of it if not an insignificantly small boost in rating. (If it isn't this way already I'd like to propose that as well.)

As far as gaming the system goes (to a more reasonable extent as mentioned by Stexe), this would only be much more easily done at the higher echelons of competitive play. Among the tens of thousands of players relatively around your own rating for a certain bracket (excluding the top tiers), the chance of getting that same person again is fairly low. The pool to choose from as far as team mates selected from the match making system is also vastly large. A ban list for the sole purpose of rigging the same would be insignificant and trivial as far as that purpose goes. Place a cap on the ban list and voila - its near impossible at lower tiers. The ban list would serve the sole purpose of preventing another unpleasant experience with another player who actions were simply out of line.

With regards to the higher tiers where there's certainly much less competition (as far as player count goes, not skill) - again - I'd have to advise providing little to no rating increases for easy wins if this were to become the case (and isn't already implemented).

That said, are there any other objections to a ban list that I could address?

Edit: As far as any real incentive to being nice... I'd hate to say it but I honestly believe Riot staff would be naive to state any form of incentive would stamp out trolling/game throwing etc. It might reduce it but the dent made would be like poking a foam mattress. It'll always refill the hole made.

dOOb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varagzohr View Post

As for the banning there was actualy a red post a while ago (i believe it was zileas but i'm not sure about it) that explained they thought about it but couldn't implement it because people would use it to gain an unfair advantage, Think about HotshotGG banning TheRainMan and all the first 200 non-CLG players in the ladder so that he would only get matched with people he could stomp.
Wouldnt that just mean they cant be on Hotshots team, and he would get stomped?

albanoid

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Oh well, what can you do? I'd still prefer a special Reputation system where there is a reward for being nice (in the form of IP or something). That combined with the Tribunal would cut down on griefing significantly.
Nothing more you can say.

Imagine with a banlist everyone would ban hotshotgg and nobody would play vs him...