[Suggestion] Ban List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hecatus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2010

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but how many of you players have meet the most annoying kid on the block in a queue? On top of that. this kid doesn't communicate at all, sometimes this person just doesn't speak English, or maybe they intentionally feed and miraculously ended up 0-22-1 (1 by pure luck) without just running straight at a tower each time?

These people are the worst of the worst. You never want to play with them again right? But the ignore list doesn't do that. You simply get them in a queue, and IF you're lucky enough to recognize them, you end up quitting the queue and waiting 2 minutes while forcing another group of 5 or 9 people to requeue. Everyone loses right?

Here's my proposal. Either change the ignore list mechanic to block ignored players from entering the same queued match or create a ban list. (On a side note, a /vote kick option would be much appreciated. I'd rather be able to kick intentional feeders and 4v5 it than letting them feed, harass players endlessly in-game and agitate others in general. This is another story however, for now let's push for the ban list.)

Let's look at the plus sides:
1. Improved gaming community (Yes I mean improved. These aren't the people that are naturally bad. These are the folks that intentionally throw games and then lol at your face for wasting the next 25 minutes due to the /surrender timer.)
2. Decreases requeue time (Again, people leaving queue and forcing the rest to requeue is a very large issue at the moment. This only adds to it - and no, a 2 minute requeue timer does not help in the least bit.)
3. More friendly player options in-game.
4. There are probably a lot more, but it's 1 am and I'm not able to list any more. Please feel free to add on for those other readers.

Ok, let's be fair - what's the downside?

Drawbacks:
1. Player alienation (These guys are already doing this, it's a shot to the foot. This mechanic would simply help remove them from our enjoyable gaming experience.)
2. Development of an elitist community (Very doubtful provided that the random queue does in fact pair you up evenly.)
3. Alienated players quit/decreased revenue. (Hear me out. Revenue is not an issue as some may think. Boo-hoo. No one wants to play with them so they quit and you lose the patronage of one player? In removing these detrimental players your revenues should actually increase due to them not scaring off new players, not harassing current players, and not discouraging other players to quit the game due to these experiences. Think long term. In losing that one player you gain 4-5 if not more.)
4. Again, other members feel free to add to this list.

I know that not everything is quite implementable, but this seems reasonable in it's own right. Please give it some decent consideration along with the plethora of other suggestions being posted on this forum. (I know you're all very busy @ Riot HQ.)

Thank you for the consideration, hopefully this thread will receive serious consideration and a decent response from staff at best.

~Hecatus.

Fazalite

04-14-2011

bump

Jamíe

04-14-2011

Agreed.

Also a function to stop any BRs and eastern Europeans would be great as well.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

04-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I used to advocate for a ban list way before I was hired. The thing is it's more of a symptom than a solution - we need better matchmaking, more incentive to be nice, and better region options.

The resources spent to implement a ban list would eb better spent improving other experiences, imo.

Jamíe

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
I used to advocate for a ban list way before I was hired. The thing is it's more of a symptom than a solution - we need better matchmaking, more incentive to be nice, and better region options.

The resources spent to implement a ban list would eb better spent improving other experiences, imo.
Such as more skins?

lol

vvr

04-14-2011

what if you could ban people for the next game, so if i play a game, and get matched with some feeder / jerk / afk / whatever, and i just dont want to see him in my next game

i think it has happened to me like 10 times, i play a game with someone with a terrible attitude, the game ends, i hit play again, and then find that same person in the next game, i even dodged a ranked because of that once

so if i ignore / report that person, i would like to at least know im not going to get matched with him at least for the next game (because if we just finished a game theres a higher chance we both hit play again and get into the same game)

NeoDragonElite

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post

A ban list is much more important. even with better matchmaking people will have off-games, or games they don't try as hard in. Its impossible to say even perfect matchmaking will remove rage. Also this is the internet, people wont ever be nice as long as they have that autonomy that the internet provides.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-14-2011

Ya, I've been pushing for a ban list since the original beta. I doubt it will ever come out though, since it could be used to "game" matchmaking, especially at higher levels. Basically you could ban people you know you wouldn't work well with that you know you have a high chance of being matched with. This would increase your odds at winning and thus "game" the system.

Oh well, what can you do? I'd still prefer a special Reputation system where there is a reward for being nice (in the form of IP or something). That combined with the Tribunal would cut down on griefing significantly.

T r u

04-14-2011

They announced the tribunal months ago, and it still hasn't come out. Good luck on getting anything else remotely close to improving a play experience.

Oh hey, get Koreans off US servers too. <3 Non english speaking teammates anytime past 9PM EST.

Varagzohr

04-14-2011

lol atcha dude ) Normally waiting 2 minutes after the last game would solve the problem, but ........... Statisticaly the LoL playerbase has a normal distribution in relation to ELO. That means if you keep geting matched with the same players you're in the extremites. You're either 2000+ elo and there are probably just 200 players within 100 ELO range of you (of wich probably only 50 online and only 5 in-queue) or you're arond 500 ELO or something like that. I hope you're one of the pros )

As for the banning there was actualy a red post a while ago (i believe it was zileas but i'm not sure about it) that explained they thought about it but couldn't implement it because people would use it to gain an unfair advantage, Think about HotshotGG banning TheRainMan and all the first 200 non-CLG players in the ladder so that he would only get matched with people he could stomp.

I do get very bad players in my games sometimes, but when that happens i feel ashamed and a little afraid. Because it means they are within a very small range of my elo and that means i'm not very good either I'd rather quit the game than admit i get matched with 0 - 22 - X players on a regular basis.