Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

WTB a Team That Doesn’t Cuss Teammates Out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orwell

Recruiter

04-18-2010

This is really from my blog post over at www.LoLnatics.com (http://lolnatics.com), but I really want to see what you people think. If you like the post please follow me on RSS or Email.

So this weekend was the start of Riot’s Twisted Treeline Tourney. What I found funny was all the people who were on the forums talking about how mad they were with Riot that it was such short notice. They thing that got me is, one, they only had 64 spots open, and two, Razor was the main sponsor so really…people should be complaining to them, not Riot. Also you gotta figure it is all about promotion. Just looking at the prizes I really wanted to to buy some of them myself. I think that the whole reasoning for this tournament is about selling more product. Why else would they make it free to sign up?

Anyway, I was fortunate to get onto the League of Legends web-page at school in time to sign up (finding my team mates was a crazy though.) But it ended up being a bust. One of my buddies was only level 24, and 80% fitted for his runes. This being said it was really a pug group. One of our guys couldn’t talk over skype, and one of our guys was really only good at shaco on the TT map, and if you read the rules on the web, this is a problem.

1st match we won due to a forfeit because the other team didn’t show up. The 2nd match didn’t go so great. Shaco got ban, and well lets just say they were really good at pretty much all characters. We got owned from the get go, despite the fact that we had one of our players (name is withheld here) that was trying to yell at the team to do stuff. As for the 3rd match….well, they didn’t ban Shaco so we won the 1st game. however, they did the 2nd game, and we had a lot happen ultimately ending with one of our players getting chewed out, and cussed at because he wasn’t “playing right,” which is really just a load of hoarse **** imo (though there is more I would say on this matter), since he doesn’t really play signed and was in trouble when they ban Udyr.

I say all this to bring out to all you competitive junkies out there (I’m one of them) don’t cuss out team mates. If someone brings in a person you don’t know…don’t play with them. Otherwise, calm the eff down, and move on to the next game. The whole reason that I started this blog was to avoid getting people that cuss out team mates. It’s disrespectful, and it really only hurt your moral. Sure, giving some a stern yelling when they mess up is only expected…but don’t just keep going with. Draw the line, and don’t keep going especially if you are starting to jumped on the person from a personal level. It’s just not right, and it is what breaks up teams. (We had to forfeit our last game because of it.) Anyways that is my 2 cents on the matter. I’m Orwell, and I’m signing off.

Orwell

Recruiter

04-18-2010

bump

Copybass

Recruiter

04-18-2010

You made a bad team and now you're upset?

MadaMonk

04-18-2010

If he's playing wrong, he deserves to be yelled at.

ZGBaddy

04-18-2010

I heard you were super sensitive about your ugly elbows. Does that make you cry son?

We have so many sissies online. What happened to people that could take a word or two? What happened to 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me'?

Nobal Kain

04-18-2010

I agree. The only thing it does is lower Team Moral making it imposable to win at that point.

smithz

04-18-2010

Pro tip... keep this on your blog, not here.

Draktok

04-18-2010

You took one of our spots for a pub?

Xienwolf

04-18-2010

While you are at it, what happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?"

He makes a valid point, even if his specific example is a bit of a "you brought it on yourself" situation. LoL is competitive, which brings out the mean side of people when you start to lose if they don't handle disappointment well. Compounding that with a TOURNAMENT, and you are up the creek if you wind up with a rager.

Grimkrieg

04-18-2010

I went back to 5v5 this weekend after a long streak of TT. God, 60% of the games I won or lost was not because of skilled play but due to people screaming at each other in /all.