Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game Crashes during Load

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-15-2011

So, I've checked all the edge cases I can think of, and looked at all your logs, and it all leads me to the same conclusion: it's simply an issue with your connections to the internet. You're all having trouble downloading the patch even though 99% of our other users got it just fine. I honestly wish it was our fault, so that we could do something about it, but the only think I can suggest is to keep trying until your connection works correctly long enough to get all the files.

I wish it didn't sound like I was throwing you all under the bus, but I honestly cannot see anything we can do from our end.

Amariithynar

07-15-2011

Sounds to me like it's probably one of two things: Either a router/modem issue that can be easily fixed by powercycling the components, or a problem in the connection from your home to the LoL servers, which can't be fixed aside from trying again and again until that connection is bypassed.

Grim Symphonic

07-15-2011

Actually now that I think about it.

The other day I was trying to download something via utorrent, the download failed. I received a "Redundancy error". I shrugged it off because my harddrive is relatively knew and couldn't be damaged... Relevant?

DLunacy

07-15-2011

This is probably not related to the original problem, but:
I uninstalled and reinstalled, now I can get into loading screen to the game without freezing, but in game my entire screen and minimap is black, and it freezes once i try to move.

Grim Symphonic

07-15-2011

bump

Stilettó

07-15-2011

Quote:
WhattayaBrian:
So, I've checked all the edge cases I can think of, and looked at all your logs, and it all leads me to the same conclusion: it's simply an issue with your connections to the internet. You're all having trouble downloading the patch even though 99% of our other users got it just fine. I honestly wish it was our fault, so that we could do something about it, but the only think I can suggest is to keep trying until your connection works correctly long enough to get all the files.

I wish it didn't sound like I was throwing you all under the bus, but I honestly cannot see anything we can do from our end.

Hello mate, first of all im very glad to see someone from RIOT actually trying to help us out, if i understand correctly what ur saying, problem is our connection lost for maybe just a moment, some packages lost for few secounds, that makes LOL patcher not notice or something, and patch game as it recieved all needed files even if it didnt?
If thats case, i would have to say its kinda sad to see that your patcher can be tricked so easily as many players will lose connection for what ever reason, but i never noticed having problems after patching in any other game i play, Well at least u told us your thinking, and what could maybe be reason, thats good, thats something to work from, i my self will personaly try full clean install of LOL, but before that i will test my connection for lost packages for few hours to see if they happen.
Anyway thank u for your feedback and help, and i hope il manage to solve this problem as i want to play LOL so much, i have so many irl problems i need LOL to relax and get away from reality sometimes :P

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-15-2011

Quote:
Stilettó:
Hello mate, first of all im very glad to see someone from RIOT actually trying to help us out, if i understand correctly what ur saying, problem is our connection lost for maybe just a moment, some packages lost for few secounds, that makes LOL patcher not notice or something, and patch game as it recieved all needed files even if it didnt?
If thats case, i would have to say its kinda sad to see that your patcher can be tricked so easily as many players will lose connection for what ever reason, but i never noticed having problems after patching in any other game i play, Well at least u told us your thinking, and what could maybe be reason, thats good, thats something to work from, i my self will personaly try full clean install of LOL, but before that i will test my connection for lost packages for few hours to see if they happen.
Anyway thank u for your feedback and help, and i hope il manage to solve this problem as i want to play LOL so much, i have so many irl problems i need LOL to relax and get away from reality sometimes :P

Well, it's not actually that our patcher doesn't realize there's a lost connection. It certainly does do that (and will error loudly when that happens, as it should). The problem I think isn't packet loss, but corruption of some kind.

Now, certainly, we can always increase the stability of our technology, but if it was as simple as "we aren't validating our packets", we'd have a much, much larger problem across a significant portion of our playerbase at this point. This is most like some extreme edge case that we could capture, assuming we can figure out what it is.

That's the trick. What is different about your situations from all our other players?

Grim Symphonic

07-15-2011

What about my theory? My harddrive has been sending back a Redundancy Error whenever I try to download something from utorrent. Do you think its related? Is it possible that it is my harddrive?

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-15-2011

Another thing to check (sorry if this has been asked before): try disabling any antiviruses you may have running. Norton, McAfee, etc. Sometimes they can mess with patches.

Grim Symphonic

07-15-2011

So the redudancy error is... not related?