@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zanean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

eventually...

nightangël

01-10-2012

the zombies will kill us all before this comes

Hello Darkness

01-10-2012

we can all hope...

nightangël

01-10-2012

bumb

WaveofShadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Has it been a year yet?
Maybe eventually they'll just tell us they scrapped the remake like they did with Magma Chamber.

Themak3rr

01-10-2012

jax... new animations wow.. took u 2 weeks?

eve /twitch particles takes 6 months looooooooool

Chauzuvoy

01-10-2012

Honestly, guys. Don't blame them entirely. Imagine the amount of work that goes into something like this. They've got to try and figure out a system that allows for a balanced stealth mechanic, which enables more advanced counterplay than "Oracles and pink wards," is significantly less binary (If they counterplay correctly, your worse than worthless. If they don't, you dominate everything), is fun to play on both sides, and maintains a consistent feel both for how old eve/twitch were, and can be expanded upon for future champions. I was admittedly skeptical when I heard their initial plan of "short-ranged true seeing," because it made stealth kind of pointless, especially for melee. After all, if you need to be seen to attack anyways, half the point of stealth is gone. Your stealth becomes more about the bonus effects than the actual stealth. IT wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the drawing board on that.

And then consider the fact that the amount of work they're putting into the mechanics behind this kind of mobile stealth makes it really hard to justify using it for just 2 champions. I'll bet that once this gets worked out (and it will, I guarantee, if for no other reason than admitting that Eve is a dead spot on the roster is right out embarassing for riot), there's going to be more stealth champions. At the same time, they need the system to be intuitive enough that stealth doesn't turn new players away. And there needs to be enough depth to make it worth playing at higher ELO levels... This isn't a simple new champion, or single rework, but an establishment and alteration of a complete game mechanic. This isn't something they want to rush out, and nor should they. Give them enough time to get it right. Even though that is, admittedly, a long frakking time.

tl;dr This seems like a pretty big overhaul, from what we've seen. Give them time to work it through all the way. Else we'll all be wishing they hadn't done it.

Vulking

01-10-2012

Soon they will announce they give up on the stealth remake and they rather leave the chaps as they are currently than keep wasting time.

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue Absolute View Post
I know I'm the vast minority here, but colored sight gems as a color blind person will suck.
red-green colorblindness is actually pretty common...

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
360 true damage for 6 stacks seems pretty good to me, but I could be wrong?
360 true damage is great. having to hit them 6 times for this to take effect is not. Especially on someone who is ambush based. Vayne only has to hit people 3 times for massive damage. Also if twitch ult is being reworked, I assume this takes away the range increase and piercing effects... making poison (and other on-hit effects) considerably less viable. Maybe a reduction in the amount of stacks/more damage per stack?