@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorMcPain

07-18-2011

Quote:
"Wriggles" for supports?
Ohhhh that would be SMEXY!

PianoConspiracy

07-20-2011

The bump of justice.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-20-2011

Can't wait for this !

Element4L

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

This affects teemo?

Xurreal

07-22-2011

I have a good question.

How will this effect Clairvoyance and Clairvoyance type spells with the new stealth?

For instance:

Corki's Phosphorus bomb reveals an area, however it does not reveal an enemy in stealth.
Ashe's Hawkshot provides the same benefits without true sight to stealth.

With these new changes, does this mean that if a Clairvoyance type power were used on a brush that Eve/Twitch's team were hiding in were revealed, would all 5 team members be spotted? Or would it remain that Twitch/Eve are still unseen?

That leads me to another question.

Fade timers are currently set to 1.5 seconds (delayed further by attacks). You have stated that a stealther is revealed for 2 seconds on attacking. Will I be able to turn Stealth off when I want to and toggle it back on as I see fit? (It is by and large my strategy to remain seen until i choose to be unseen). And if so, will taking attacks still delay my invisibility for up to 5 seconds?

Last question.

Will Evelynn's base stats be returned? I ask because due to the diminished escape mechanism that comes from being a melee stealth champion, its easy to be caught off guard in the jungle. Sustaining a even a little less severe damage from jungle monsters will mean a real chance at survival in the coming era for Evelynn. So will she see her Preaseason stats again? Or possibly that mana pool boost i've been asking about for a while?

Thoughts, I would request for you to leave the standard Oracle's Elixir in the game. The Oracle's Elixir would provide better range of true sight. It would also allow you to destroy other wards or other invisible units. Plus, you sort of need it for those Pesky Teemo's and Akali's.

Dukaki

07-24-2011

remove eve/twich completely from game.. it will prevent a lot of QQing because of the unending nerfs

Jericho Green

07-24-2011

@Riot
So they are being seen within a radius? This could work for eve, but what about twitch? He is ranged, so a smart player would know how to stay out of the radius and setup a gank w/o being noticed. Question is- will Eve and twitch have separate 'visibility' radii?

Instead of the 'visibility radius' I think there should be a slight distortion whenever Eve/twitch move while stealth. The distortions should happen between intervals of .25 seconds for a rank 1 of stealth. As the player levels up the, rank the distortion interval increases to .75 seconds. This could work a lot better than the current proposal b/c it protects an Eve trying to land a stun on Annie b4 she 1 combo Eve to death. It can also prevent champs from throwing a stun when they are visible and running away.

The distortion allows the enemy player to 'know' something is coming and give the enemy player to react. The distortion also allows the player to sneak-up on enemy champs that are focused for that split second on CSing or harassing the teammate. Having higher distortion intervals lets them move a farther distance b4 they are noticed by a keen eye and this could help them in late game when people can actually afford oracles/pink wards.

BISskits

07-24-2011

I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but it seems one problem of removing the oracles elixir, is that you would no longer be able to scout out wards. And something tells me with everyone now getting perma true sight, wards will still be invisible. So besides getting a vision ward and *hopefully* placing one on an enemy ward, why not keep the oracles in game, specifically to find wards, but lower the cost by say 100g, and let it last through death.

Hal Jordan

07-24-2011

sweet jesus, eve has lurker spines!

Linkkie3

07-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Green View Post
@Riot
So they are being seen within a radius? This could work for eve, but what about twitch? He is ranged, so a smart player would know how to stay out of the radius and setup a gank w/o being noticed. Question is- will Eve and twitch have separate 'visibility' radii?

Instead of the 'visibility radius' I think there should be a slight distortion whenever Eve/twitch move while stealth. The distortions should happen between intervals of .25 seconds for a rank 1 of stealth. As the player levels up the, rank the distortion interval increases to .75 seconds. This could work a lot better than the current proposal b/c it protects an Eve trying to land a stun on Annie b4 she 1 combo Eve to death. It can also prevent champs from throwing a stun when they are visible and running away.

The distortion allows the enemy player to 'know' something is coming and give the enemy player to react. The distortion also allows the player to sneak-up on enemy champs that are focused for that split second on CSing or harassing the teammate. Having higher distortion intervals lets them move a farther distance b4 they are noticed by a keen eye and this could help them in late game when people can actually afford oracles/pink wards.
This 'distortion' would fails horribly, as you might know, people train on seeing that stuff, good players would such being able to keep tracking them without much efford. As example I give you the stealth buff in Halo games.