@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serverny JR

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
That was removed, but she is given a powerful short duration shied (~2 seconds)
Sigh, another boring shield while removing good gameplay and countergameplay around her ult heal

jambreeder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

I don't like this idea. That means they're essentially visible except to wards and minions.
This is my proposed solution:

The main problem with stealth is the unexpected ambush. I personally believe that stealth should be more about scouting, escapes, and positioning. Riot seems to agree with me about the fact that the ambush is cheap.

But here is my solution: Just like Warwick's ability, it would better if you had an icon over your head whenever an invisible unit was near without revealing that unit. That way, you would not get ambushed, but the stealthed unit would not be targetted and would be able to properly position.

I don't think revealing the champion when they are in range is the answer! That just defeats the purpose of stealthing!

I believe that my solution fixes all the cheap parts about stealth (the unexpected attack, especially if the champion has a CC = instant death in lane), but keeps all the fair advantages of stealth.

fuffychan

07-12-2011

I really want to read every red post in this thread...

Rebonack

07-12-2011

Allow me to rephrase the somewhat blunt earlier comment I made.

The reason I enjoy Eve is because of those clutch heals her Ult allows for and the skirmisher-type gameplay it encourages. Run in, stun and thwack, run out. Move back in and stun a second time once attention has been shifted elsewhere. Repeat or mop-up as needed.

A two second shield seriously isn't going to cut it. Not only that, but it removes the whole succubus feeding on life-force thing she has going. It's a fun mechanic and I'll be really sad to see it go. I honestly could care less about stealth, but this will completely stomp on my most enjoyed aspect of Eve =(

Please reconsider.

Ballocaust

07-12-2011

As much as I complain when someone like Phreak or Morello often contributes nothing to a thread when they post, this is EXTREMELY helpful and informational. Thank you very much to Xypherous and Shurelia for posting so much and so quickly. I actually care very little about the stealth remake as I rarely play stealthers and rarely have a problem with them, but I think it was something that needed addressed and you're both doing a fantastic job. It's really nice that you're keeping the community updated and considering our input.

VoidInsanity

07-12-2011

I can't believe something along the lines of what I was proposing / wanted riot to do with the stealth system is being done. Woop!

I wonder if I should start taking credit for such things.......

karthikking

07-12-2011

Xypherous+Shurelia=Win

Pizzarollmaster

07-12-2011

twitch better gain massive combat bonus's

The SpooonBroom

07-12-2011

Xypherous proves to be my favorite rioter once again thanks for the informative update the stealth rework is one the update im the most excited for.

ColdFart

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Additionally, if this stealth system works out well, this enables us to open design space for more stealth. We'll see.

For example, Guinsoo is looking at Shen right now
I know you are talking about long term stealth changes, but this quote led me to the idea, how about making Feint a short term invisibility (say 2-3 seconds)?

- it fits ninja;
- it is still a defensive move which isn't as boring as shield;
- it can solve Shen's problems with initiating;
- it can make jungle Shen's ganks almost on par with Shaco's;
- it will cost decent amount of energy so it couldn't be spammed;
- finally, I think it will make Shen much more interesting to play.

What do you think?