@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gailen

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis627 View Post
How does scout's stealth work?
His stealth drains mana rather quickly and the mana drained per second increases as you level the skill, so you need to buy mana regen items on him.

It also means you have to pick and choose carefully when you want to be stealthed, because if you linger too long in stealth you won't be able to use your ulti on them to finish them off.

Another plus is this almost always means that a scout after a battle can't stealth and just get away easily, unless he has heavily invested in mana regen - which would mean fewer damage items. On the other hand, the stealth has no fade time either (although that part of it doesn't HAVE to be copied over).

Although I've always seen Fayde as being more similar to Eve, because she's a burst hero. Fayde's stealth is her ulti, but it only lasts for thirty seconds or so. While she is stealthed, she has unitwalking, treewalking, etc (I imagine in LoL it'd be similar to being ghosted with the extra ability to walk over flashable things) and her next attack deals a lot of extra bonus damage.

There is also Madman who has a low cooldown on his stealth and he uses it in short little bursts, and he moves slightly faster in these bursts, while dealing small amounts of damage to any enemies he runs next to while stealthed. That's pretty cool too.

To be honest there are so many things that can be done with stealth than the typical "here's your thirty second stealth that does nothing other than make you invisible" and the perma-invis idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayApples View Post
On the subject of oracles, how about making it a 30 second duration consumable.

This would allow a team a limited duration to clear stealth objects, without the long-term "sweeping" of wards that you hope to avoid.
That's just dust. Implement dust please. -.-

SrgntMajorPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Bump! You guys are awesome; once this rework is in place I wanna try Evelynn + Twitch again,

Kektek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

It would be cool if leveling the stealth ability reduced the area of enemies "stealth vision." Unless this is how it's intended to work? I didn't get that from my initial read of the new system.

Benefits

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
1. There's a pretty big problem with the concept known as Oracle-Sweeping. We'd want to replace Oracle's elixir with someone that doesn't cause such weird gameplay but as to what would be a *good* replacement is a little up in the air.

2. Evelynn can have her stun back, because now you have advanced warning of her when she steps in. She might need a short-step-stun in order to successfully initiate. Testing required. Twitch has proven to be a slightly harder problem in internal testing.

3. As usual, feel free to ask questions for a little bit as I stick around.
So these are just general questions I had.

1. Why is "Oracle-Sweeping" such a weird concept? I just don't understand how being able to track where your enemy has vision/deny that vision is bad gameplay. Understand that removing Oracles will only affect high elo solo queue and arranged ranked. I think both communities would be angry at having it removed and it really wouldn't affect normals/low elo at all.

2. Why do you guys not have some sort of small semi private testing server? No offense but some of the changes that have gotten through internal testing are flabbergasting. GP not broken? He only gets banned/FP in 95% of games.

3. Thanks for finally giving us a concrete answer on stealth. Keep up the good work Riot!

Darkwahn

07-12-2011

Quote:
Long
Post moar.

Edit: Also, what about Shaco? :/ Those changes sound like they would hurt him a lot.

NightRaith361

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltaire ice View Post
Wow. I asked my question, read a few pages of Fountainhead and immediately saw a reply. Thanks
+1 from me good sir

Gailen

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwahn View Post
Post moar.

Edit: Also, what about Shaco? :/ Those changes sound like they would hurt him a lot.
It has been said numerous times that these changes will only change Eve and Twitch. :P

iPlays Random

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
That was removed, but she is given a powerful short duration shied (~2 seconds) upon casting her ulti which will reward players for stalking close to champions and attacking without using the ulti to close.
This makes me sad... the heal was a great addition to her set, was pretty unique among current champion design it was one of her signature moves. It made for some great/interesting clutch gameplay moments similar to when playing Katarina or Tristana, but in a different her own kind of way.
Now she'll just be another one of those champions with a shield... : s

Kadzin

07-12-2011

Quote:
Wall of text about stealth
Awesome! Thank you for the feedback Xypherous!
SO the new stealth is sort of like WoW's rogue stealth, if you get too close then the enemies see you.
I am very excited about these changes, I especially want to see how both eve and twitch get their skills adjusted to changed.
Maybe eve would get a dash of some sort since she's a melee assasin.
And hopefully Twitch will get his old ult back that didn't limit the number of shots fired.

Pinyata

07-12-2011

I doubt you are still here Xypherous, and I don't know if anyone has asked this already. If Oracles is removed; will there be any item put into the game to allow ward counter-play? I feel this would be a large part of the game being removed.