@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1951c3b087af98

03-21-2012

Eve 2012.

IS1951c3b087af98

03-21-2012

Eve - 2012

ITown

03-22-2012

Eve 2012

Karn Bishop

03-22-2012

Eve 2012

The FireWater

03-25-2012

Fairly new player (bout 2 months, lvl 27) so let's see if I understand this.

Eve was 'too good' to people who didn't know how to counter her (y'know, like any champ) so she got nerfed down to Cocytus so that she would either 1) not be so good she took the fun out of the game or 2) be unplayable in competitive play until they reworked her.

Time passes and a supposed stealth rework is in the making for about a year, and in the meantime Eve is so bad that now if you so much as highlight her during champion select, your whole team will flame and grief you and so help you god if you select her even in an un-ranked solo queue they'll go so far as to tell the enemy team where you are to teach you a lesson and make sure you never pick her again.

Now that I think I'm up to speed, how's this for an idea: while we all want the stealth remake, how about we give Eve a small buff in one of the new champion patches to make her at the very least playable. Champions are being tweaked all the time, little things like "Irelia has less passive lifesteal, but it goes back up when she activates her ability." Or, "Champion X has less starting damage, but gets more base damage per level because he was too powerful early on and blah blah blah".

While we're waiting for the much more complicated stealth rework, here's a few minor ideas that would make eve slightly more on the level:
A bit more health, since unlike twitch she has to get up close and personal.
Slightly more base attack speed or damage, so that while squishy, she could get maybe a few last hits in the laning phase.
Give a stun back. Not a long stun, but maybe 1s, or .5s. Enough so that she can land a hit or two. With no stun it means that if you try to gank a halfway decent player who DOES have a stun then even if they were low health, you'll be immediatly stunned and burnt down. Enough regular champions have a stunning move, howsabout make it so Ravage stuns for .5, and breaking stealth still just slows.

Naturally, all those at once would buff her back up to 'too good' in many's eyes, but just one of those would make her playable again so that all of us who like eve and hate twitch can not get griefed off the servers.

limbrok

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWater513 View Post
Fairly new player (bout 2 months, lvl 27) so let's see if I understand this.

Eve was 'too good' to people who didn't know how to counter her (y'know, like any champ) so she got nerfed down to Cocytus so that she would either 1) not be so good she took the fun out of the game or 2) be unplayable in competitive play until they reworked her.

Time passes and a supposed stealth rework is in the making for about a year, and in the meantime Eve is so bad that now if you so much as highlight her during champion select, your whole team will flame and grief you and so help you god if you select her even in an un-ranked solo queue they'll go so far as to tell the enemy team where you are to teach you a lesson and make sure you never pick her again.

Now that I think I'm up to speed, how's this for an idea: while we all want the stealth remake, how about we give Eve a small buff in one of the new champion patches to make her at the very least playable. Champions are being tweaked all the time, little things like "Irelia has less passive lifesteal, but it goes back up when she activates her ability." Or, "Champion X has less starting damage, but gets more base damage per level because he was too powerful early on and blah blah blah".
While we're waiting for the much more complicated stealth rework, here's a few minor ideas that would make eve slightly more on the level.
A bit more health, since unlike twitch she has to get up close and personal.
Slightly more base attack speed or damage, so that while squishy, she could get maybe a few last hits in the laning phase.
Give a stun back. Not a long stun, but maybe 1s, or s. Enough so that she can land a hit or two. With no stun it means that if you try to gank a halfway decent player who DOES have a stun then even if they were low health, you'll be immediatly stunned and burnt down. Enough regular champions have a stunning move, howsabout make it so Ravage stuns for .5, and breaking stealth still just slows.

Naturally, all those at once would buff her back up to 'too good' in many's eyes, but just one of those would make her playable again so that all of us who like eve and hate twitch can not get griefed off the servers.
The stealth rework portion of the remake is complete as far as I am aware based on what they've digressed in other threads (and maybe this one, I'd have to re-read). The problem is they are stuck on the kit reworks for Eve and Twitch to make sure they are balanced and playable with the new rework. So, giving them buffs or changing their kit is exactly what they are still working on, and thus that won't happen as of right now. But, just be patient. Eve and Twitch are still fun when played properly. It is really fun to show your team just how a good Eve or Twitch is played and demolish their expectations. Twitch is one of the strongest AD carries if you can position yourself accordingly, and Eve can be built a lot of ways, but is still a very capable assassin regardless of how she is built.

FaythDarkHeart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

SoonTM

The FireWater

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
The stealth rework portion of the remake is complete as far as I am aware based on what they've digressed in other threads (and maybe this one, I'd have to re-read). The problem is they are stuck on the kit reworks for Eve and Twitch to make sure they are balanced and playable with the new rework. So, giving them buffs or changing their kit is exactly what they are still working on, and thus that won't happen as of right now. But, just be patient. Eve and Twitch are still fun when played properly. It is really fun to show your team just how a good Eve or Twitch is played and demolish their expectations. Twitch is one of the strongest AD carries if you can position yourself accordingly, and Eve can be built a lot of ways, but is still a very capable assassin regardless of how she is built.
Can't wait can't wait can't wait... Anticipation more than impatience.
That said, I know they're rebuilding the entire kit... but can't they please give us one little tweak >_<

Only been in the game for a few months, and I've seen 4 entirely new champions. Just toss us a 'here eve has slightly more health so she doesn't die before you can blink' in a patch.

That said I've shown that Eve can still be viable if played right, but more so than many other champs she can be demoralizing to play in a bad team. Solo queue (preach to the choir) sucks. I was serious about queuing up with people so angry that'd you'd even choose eve that they'd grief you and tell the other team where you're stealthing at. And if the team is at all bad , the enemy will be fed, you'll be unable to gank, and eve will be the agree'd upon scapegoat :P

Okay, whining done.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Eve 2012

The FireWater

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I think X will be different for each champion, as Twitch is ranged.
I'm definitely in favor of Eve getting a 'better' stealth than twitch. As he is, twitch can be a carry even without stealth. Like any ranged carry he just hangs back a bit so he doens't get squished, and he pew pews.
Eve's only major ability is to pop out, focus someone, and cross your fingers that their reaction speed isn't good enough to kill you before you can get off a 2nd hate spike. Giving her the ability to be a bit closer to enemies than twitch will basically give her a slightly better stealth, and force players to learn their distance on either on, encouraging better gameplay (afterall, if eve can get closer, enough players will overestimate that and get close enough to be smushed when a 2nd enemy pops out of a bush, she's seen, and they tear her to tiny vampire pieces)