Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Movespeed Yordle Idea.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanuki Superstar

07-12-2011

Hi! Didn't even know this forum existed. I figure every nerd that plays this game has their own fantasy champion.
Even though I play primarily AP carries, I absolutely adore the concept of an actual melee AD carry that isn't tanky DPS. I wish Trynd were better.
Even if it is baseless, I feel like there is nothing more dignified than a skilled player playing a melee carry and doing well.

The character itself is a Yordle. I want to call him the Yordle Emperor even, though I know no such construct exists. A cape wearing, giant ax wielding little bugger. He, perhaps uncharacteristic of most Yordles, wants to be king of his people. He wants luxury, attention, fame. He's far from noble, he's a narcissist. Perhaps charmingly block-headed, but I can't imagine any of this mattering at all.

I want him to be a champion that scales with movespeed. Hell if I know how that actually makes for a strong melee carry. I suppose it innately makes closing the gap easier, and gives him a reasonably high level of survivability. I imagine there's a reason there isn't already a champ that scales with MS.

I think a simple start is a passive that gives him 3/6/9% of his MS as AD.
Assuming he reaches a status where he's farmed, we could say maybe 650+ MS with phantom dancers or something, at most that could turn into something like 60+ bonus AD.
I imagine the numbers also don't actually matter, but its a basic idea.

I had some questionably strong abilities in mind. I think everyone is pretty oblivious to just how powerful their own champion would be.
One such idea I had in mind is that he hurls his ax at a target, as a skillshot, at a decently short range. It's tethered by a chain, and if it lands, he can drag the target. It could be based on the MS of the two. If they were equivalent, he wouldn't be able to drag them very far. The more MS he has over the other person, the further and faster he can drag them.
I liked the idea that he'd have an isolation ability as a melee carry because the major issue that champions like Tryndamere need to overcome is being controlled by competent players. I don't think the ability should be so strong that he could actually just weed people out and kill them, but I think it's reasonable enough to grant a melee carry some form of isolation.
The more I think about it however, the more obviously powerful a mechanic like that seems.

Another idea I had was (sadly,) an improvement to a Jax ability. It might be wrong to give a champion with an isolation ability a really good stun, but then we also have Jarvan anyways.
In any case, I thought that he could have an ability so that when he crits, he can stun a single target for a second a target. Alternatively, I though it might be interesting that instead of that, he could have a mechanic so that whenever he auto attacks the target, he advances closer to them. It would give him a means to really stick to players without getting a frozen mallet. Not that someone who moves really fast would need that.

I sort of wanted him to have a pounce mechanic as well. On a significant CD, that would increase his MS by a % on landing at his location. I'm afraid I don't really know what else to say about that. I can't make it sound more interesting.

As for his ult, I had a very simple idea in mind. A two second bladestorm. Cannot be CC'd, good damage and range. The champion really is sort of a rehash of lots of other abilities in the game, but I feel like they'd make for a reasonably strong melee carry.

Maybe I'll whip up concept art sometime, but I'm pretty sure you guys get enough of people trying really hard to push a champion through the league.

Stripetail

07-12-2011

I really can't help but feel that an AD melee carry who specializes in running insanely fast should be named something silly, like Master Yi.

Tanuki Superstar

07-12-2011

Quote:
Stripetail:
I really can't help but feel that an AD melee carry who specializes in running insanely fast should be named something silly, like Master Yi.

You have a point. He does need a silly name.