Flash and how everyone uses it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

saint123

07-12-2011

Dear Riot,

I thought the point of this game was to get some diversity in our games. I have 700 normal game wins and every game 4/5 if not all 5 players on each team has flash. Isn't that sort of a problem when you can hardly ever find a game where it isn't necessary to have? Why dont you make it a little different so people can start expanding away from it and picking different summoner skills?

Aoyfe

07-12-2011

Flash helps people compensate for poor positioning. I run Flash on a lot of my champs, but I tend to run Ghost on melee champs and Tele + Clarity/Heal on supports. The long cooldown on Flash, even with the 21 point Utility mastery and the Flash mastery, balance out the power of this summoner spell, I think.

Also, suggestions are good, but how would you change flash to make it "different" without nerfing or buffing it?

Azaraki Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

I don't see how you can nerf flash. The cooldown is extremely long, the range is extremely short; just enough to get you over a wall, and it does no damage, nor does it benefit your player in any other way. I think it's just impossible to nerf, really.

One thing you can do is find a way to buff other spells, Though they are good (or annoying) enough as it is.

TEAM of ZOMBIES

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

In order to better understand, perhaps the question should be to the players. In what situations do you not choose flash? Has this discussion already been hashed out elsewhere?

benku

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaraki Dragon View Post
I don't see how you can nerf flash. The cooldown is extremely long, the range is extremely short; just enough to get you over a wall, and it does no damage, nor does it benefit your player in any other way. I think it's just impossible to nerf, really.

One thing you can do is find a way to buff other spells, Though they are good (or annoying) enough as it is.
flash does benefit your player/champion in all ways its lets you engage when the other champion wont expect it and/or lets you run away like a lil baby. and it can be nerfed look at a lot of other champion skills that have passive battle set up to them. ie: Garen's passive when hit wont come back up until he is out of combat for a bit. So for flash make it the same way when in combat you can't use flash but if you are not hit for X amount of time you can.

Ashgan

07-12-2011

what benku said, but also other summoner spells could use a buff as well like heal is really bad I remember a thread think a Red might have started it suggesting making heal a single target spell and buffing it up I'd go for that and remove the stupid 50% penalty while were at it the heal poke meta is long dead and I doubt this would give it a comeback (or at least the 50% should apply to other heal summoner spells not regular ones as I could see a team running all heal being a problem)

benku

08-07-2011

bump

WTFMate7

09-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaraki Dragon View Post

agree with the first part not the part about buffing other spells. we shall also see how flash is used in dominion it might be underused there

Elcye

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTaint View Post
In order to better understand, perhaps the question should be to the players. In what situations do you not choose flash? Has this discussion already been hashed out elsewhere?
Currently, when my champion already has a flash spell, like kassadin or ezreal. Otherwise, I don't see a lot of reasons not to pick it.