[Guide] Kennen, the Heart of the Tempest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PabloPicante

06-11-2010

Looks fun, I think I would go with Ghost though if I wanted to be an initiator. It would allow me to tag them easier and even get away once all my skills are on cooldown. I find ghost to be a more versatile and fun spell than flash. That's just me though.

Nice guide +1

FalangeNorte

07-16-2010

I've played only once with her, it's fun,but I still don't know an effective combo. I guess u have to use elec surge to finish off right?
Perhaps shuriken, ulti, rush, shuriken again and surge? give more ideas please....

And what to do if they stun and focus on you? I'm afraid to initiate a team fight, would wait until disables are gone off.

hi im ana

07-20-2010

Thank you for this guide! I'm currently following your items and what to do with my mastery points, it's working out great!

WhyBot

08-28-2010

Here's my opinion:

I agree ghost is important.

The skill combo when you're 1v1 against someone should be:

Auto-Attack (using W's passive) -> W-Active -> E-Active -> (Enemy Stunned)
Now if you're lucky, you might sneak some auto-attack in between that combo. If you happen to do that, then it's very viable you could repeat the whole combo for another stun.

How to initiate:
Activate Ghost.

Electrical Surge, tagging everyone you can. Ulti and W simultaneously for an extra damage boost. Once the ulti wears off, electrical surge again alone with a W. The ulti has to be timed pretty much as soon as you enter the fray - so as to get them stun locked ASAP to prevent from stopping you.

These are my opinions!

How to beat an Ashe, Trist, or Teemo: Patience. Keep auto-attacking minions until they decide to kite you. Once they being kiting, lure them in front of their minions and begin your combo: Q-W-E

MetaNite

12-12-2010

Wow first time with this build 15/1/5

halal booty man

12-25-2010

My build would be first getting that book that gives ability for only like 435. then i get the mask. using the book as one of the items for the recipe. once i get that mask, i get boots of sorcery. Then ghinsoo's rageblade since it will be useful. then that ring that gives alot of ability power, uhmm that one that makes u invulnerable. i would basically focus on ability power

Savvy22

12-26-2010

Dorans Shield > Sorceror's Shoes > Rylai's Crystal Scepter > Zhonya's Ring > Abyssal Scepter > Randuin's Omen > Guardian Angel

This is a better build for the following reasons:

Randuin's Omen is superior to Sunfirecape, especially on kennen.The reason for this is simple, sunfire cape requires you to be close to your enemies for a long time, if you properly play kennen this is not the case. With Randuin's Omen you get overall better stats. Most importantly is COOLDOWN REDUCTION, kennen needs at least some cd, 15% from randuin's, plus a chance to slow the enemy if they hit you, which is great because everyone will target you. Another great contribution of the item is it's active: it's slows movement and attack speed of all nearby enemies, the attack speed is whats important here.

With kennen your run in with lightning rush, then use your ult, and then electrical surge. The reason for this is that you will not be able to hit everyone with lightning rush, your ultimate allows you to add MoS to more targets before you use your main damage spell. So once you rush in you'll use randuin's, debuffing their entire team for 2 seconds, then you get out, you dont want to stick around because everyone will target you. Plus your useless while everything is on cooldown so you might as well wait in the safety of behind your tanks (2 tank items don't make you a true tank, they give your survivability). Then after 3 seconds you go back in for a second combo/team stun.

Sunfire cape forces you to be in the center of the fight, since its attack has such short range, however after a combo kennen is useless and just becomes a target. He has to leave, and then come back to be effective without being suicidal. Furthermore it only gives you armor, what about all those casters targeting you? Thus abysall and guardian are a must, not optionals.

Why guardian angel and abysall specter? Guardian angel is balanced in that it gives both armor and magic resist, plus if you get hardcore stomped in a teamfight, you can rez and surge out of danger (i finish most games with 0 deaths). Abysall specter is a balanced AP/MR item with a great AoE MR debuff that will help the whole team.

Sidenote: 9/21/0 for masteries

Savvy22

12-27-2010

Also sunfire cape passive is unique now so getting two is pointless