Background music feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ignus

09-05-2009

alright, I have to say, I really dislike the background music for matches. I know it's just background and maybe even just a temporary thing while you work on what you want to do, but I absolutely hate when background music equals "Boooouuumm.... Boooonnnnngg.... booooooooounmmmm.... Boooooooooonnnngg......" big orchestral dark and broody, I absolutely cannot stand it, it puts me to sleep. And nothing against you guys at all here, in fact, I'm a huge fan of the WoW music in northrend for the most part, but the one zone I cannot stand is ice crown specifically because of the music and the big dark orchestral feel they are going for there, I hate it. And I'm a total wow music fanboy for the most part, so that should tell ya something.

IMO, if you want to go with a more organic feel the way wow does, I would pull musical influences from the storm peaks, the argent tournament, maybe grizzled hills, and maybe sholazar basin.
My suggestion is to go for a more epic, action-oriented feel like storm peaks over a dark, brooding quiet background music like icecrown or the current in game music.

Beyond that, just experiment (as I'm sure you already are) with lots of different musical styles and see what fits well. I personally dislike the trend in video games towards orchestral music, I loved all the little bleeps and bloops of the old days, but essentially, don't be afraid to experiment with music that's not orchestral, please please please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunysgwen

09-05-2009

An in-game music player would be cool. Your choice of in-game music, or a selection of your own MP3's. Couple this with voIP support (Mute or lower the music to a whisper.) and you have an enjoyable experience.