How to carry as Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

abuudabuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

So I recently bought Vayne, and she's amazingly fun and all, but I can't seem to carry with her as I would Tristana/MF/any other ranged carry. Maybe it's the free week Blitzcranks in my ranked games, but for some reason I just don't see the potential damage that everyone talks about.

I run ArPen reds, Mana Regen/Lvl yellows, CDR/Lvl blues, and HP Quints, and 21/0/9 masteries.

I build her Dorans Blade, AS Boots, two more Dorans, and then Blood Thirster, PD, Banshee's, and if the game goes on, IE and Last Whisper.

I just don't see what the hell I'm supposed to be doing in a team fight against a good team, where the Annie/Ashe/Caitlyn that's wrecking us or any other feasible target will stay either in the cluster behind the tank, or all the way in the back. I just get owned by the tank chasing me while my team goes on hitting the Nasus or something that won't get us the win in the team fight.

1v1 I can handle her fine, I carry Flash/Exhaust so I can fight about anyone, especially in the jungle. Maybe there's something wrong with my build? I tried Sheen at first, maybe I should keep it in the build?

ComplexStew

07-10-2011

I think Trinity Force is a good thing to pick up, but that's just me.

NaisH

07-10-2011

practice

EbonyKnife

07-10-2011

Her damage is great. Play her like a ranged carry, not an assassin.

You just have to concentrate a bit more on last hitting. You can't be like sivir, corki, ashe etc and end up super farmed from AoEing creep waves. Have to last hit for your CS.

Hyonam

07-10-2011

also you don't build like ashe or the other ranged carries and you most deff want defense items.

abuudabuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

Ahhh thanks guys, I'll keep farming, maybe I'll actually get a lane with a competent Soraka or something next time. And I'll try Sheen again, too.

TheRamenBandit

07-10-2011

hit them until it dies

abuudabuu

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamenBandit View Post
hit them until it dies
dulely noted.

Señorito Taquito

07-10-2011

You kill them. Kill them all.

SgtPriad

07-10-2011

I learned alot by going to solomid.net and wathcing chaox's video of how to play Vayne.

Some tips i have for you are

Ar Pen Marks
Flat AD Seals,
Attack speed Glyphs,

and your choice of
Ar Pen Quints or Flat Damage Quits (I use these)

You dont need the cooldown since Vaynes cooldowns are already short enough.

Start with a doran's blade or boots and health pots

Then rush Bloodthirster and Phantom Dancer

Follow up with infinity edge this is your core damage build afterwards get

survivability as needed (Banshees, Thorn, Force,) Depending on enemy composition.

Last Hit i cant stress this enough.

Also here is link to the guide i mentioned http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1270