Godly singed build for twisted treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkilies

04-16-2010

Ever seen a singed that can just keep coming at you?
Even with very little health when your full?
Try out my build and you can also be one of these.

I haven't tried this build on 5v5 that much, but all my 3v3 games I can dominate.
So, try 5v5 at your own risk. :P

Most deaths with this build are when the game just starts, so be careful and farm with poison.
Later game you can be punished alot and tower dive easily.

Grab buffs and jungle when the enemies minions are pushed too far on their side. This prevents ganking and keeps that much needed flow of exp.

---

The spells I use with Singed are Ghost and Flash (On Twisted Treeline, teleport is pretty much useless because the size of the map is really small)
Ghost and Flash are useful in both chasing down enemies and escaping ganks.
I like to flash into an enemy and fling them into my allies, turret, poison. This is a great tactic, as they don't expect the flash. Or be in the middle tanking all damage, then flash and ghost away. (With ultimate it’s hard to catch you.)

---

I have most of my masteries in defense. (This helps for first blood and can sometimes turn a game around)
Mine are 0/24/6

---

I use critical damage runes, only because I lack the IP to try some other rune builds.

---

Now to the good stuff, the item build.

> First get boots(Movement +1), 2 health potions, 1 mana potion.
> Once you get enough money turn these into Boots of swiftness(Movement +3)
> Haunting Guise (the most important item in this build) Provides life steal with your spells. WTF?!
>> Abyssal Scepter, Gives +70 ability power, +57 Magic Resistance and an aura that reduces magic resistance of nearby enemies. Excellent for your poison.
> >Sunfire Cape, Gives +450 health and +45 armor. Has a unique flame that damages all nearby enemies <40 damage a second>
(Perfect for farming minions and dealing extra damage. When used with poison, it can be very deadly)
> Sheen (The game is usually ending by the time you get this item. You can tell whose winning and losing.)
> If it is still running, Turn your "Sheen" into a "Trinity Force". And maybe get a "Phantom Dancer"

The Abyssal Scepter and Sunfire Cape have been marked differently because you can choose which one to get first based on the enemy team. If they have more Melee, Grab “Sunfire Cape” since the cape gives armor. More Mages, Grab “Abyssal Scepter”. Since the scepter gives magic resistance.

*Skills* First off get fling (Of Course)
Then get poison and put your points into both of these skills.
If you feel you need the slow, grab it. Most of the time I never really needed it except near the end. Your focus is damage.

The odd thing about this build is.. None of these items give mana until you reach "Sheen" And sometimes you don't even get the "Sheen"
Most builds of Singed have mana, mana, mana.
Because with Singed each 10 mana you have, you gain 2.5 health.

I may throw a video up if I can get one recorded that looks decent.

Build by: Arkilies

Arazu

04-17-2010

i like using rylas staff and archangel, slowing poison/toss is pretty lulz

sheen seems odd, as most of your damage will be coming from poison/toss/teamates, and youre not really spamming abilities to proc it often

Arkilies

04-17-2010

The Sheen is just to start up the Trinity Force. Like I said, Most of the time you probably won't even get the sheen because the game will be over. Also, I don't really need the slow from rylai's. With the build I put in Flash and Ghost. It's really hard to escape singed this way.

Ntee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2010

No catalyst -> RoA = Subpar build already.

Vernichter

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntee View Post
No catalyst -> RoA = Subpar build already.
This point I would actively debate. On SR the RoA is an absolute no-brainer, but on TT there is not enough time to get it to max stacks and use it at max stacks. It is an amazing item for Singed, but it is absolutely not mandatory, and if you rush the RoA it costs you too much in the mid game in terms of cool down reduction and defense.

On the other hand, I would argue that the build is fail because it has no defense. Singed can go without defense, but in TT I often find that I am the default fattie on my team, and if you are the fattie then an AP build will not cut it. Poison does a lot of damage, but it takes a lot of time to do it, and in that time you *will* get killed if you do not build defensively.

Personally, I have been going with the following:

Boots of Speed + Sight Ward + Health Pot
Sapphire Crystal
Glacial Shroud
Ruby Crystal -> Guise
Boots Upgrade (depends on the opponent)

At that point you can adapt for magic defense with a Spirit Shroud, AP with a Rylai's, or physical defense with an upgrade to Frozen Heart. Then you round out the build based on what the circumstances require (more magic defense, Force of Nature; more physical defense, Warden's; more AP, Doran's (quick and cheap) or Fiendish Codec -> Deathfire)

Tarion

04-17-2010

I just feel this build is throwing away one of the best passives in the game.

TT changes it a bit, meaning RoA isn't a default pick like on SR, but I still think you should start with Catalyst. It gives you the mana to poison more, fling more, slow more. It gives you the health to tank. It gives you the regen to keep it going.

It builds into Veil, which makes Singed much harder to stop. Especially on TT, where with that and Cleanse you need 3 CCs to just slow you down.

I also think that poison first just makes sense. You can only fling if your opponent lets you approach. At least with poison trail, you can farm.

I'd consider Boots, Catalyst, Guise as your basis. Either do it with the startup Vernichter suggests, or just Sapp+2HPs, which is standard for a good reason.

Regarding the rest of your build: I feel abyssal is always substandard. Its just not a great item, really.
Sunfire makes sense for most, but not Singed. Singed should be ahead of his opponents, not next to them. Its at cross purposes with your Boots3, which I think are still a given for Singed.

Does Poison Trail trigger Sheen? If not, that's an awful item for him. You've got 2 spells on long cooldowns. Trinity as an end-game item is bad for the same reason. Consider just spamming Zeals for the movement speed, I guess.

FOX AFifthCyborg

04-17-2010

Ntee, Rod of Ages is subpar in Twisted Treeline, where games are often over by 20 minutes. Rod of Ages is requires time to build up, and you have none in TT.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-17-2010

Sheen is a terrible item on singed, what the hell are you thinking?

Besides singed is so faceroll on TT, he's the jax of the support category.

Arkilies

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernichter View Post
This point I would actively debate. On SR the RoA is an absolute no-brainer, but on TT there is not enough time to get it to max stacks and use it at max stacks. It is an amazing item for Singed, but it is absolutely not mandatory, and if you rush the RoA it costs you too much in the mid game in terms of cool down reduction and defense.

On the other hand, I would argue that the build is fail because it has no defense. Singed can go without defense, but in TT I often find that I am the default fattie on my team, and if you are the fattie then an AP build will not cut it. Poison does a lot of damage, but it takes a lot of time to do it, and in that time you *will* get killed if you do not build defensively.

Personally, I have been going with the following:

Boots of Speed + Sight Ward + Health Pot
Sapphire Crystal
Glacial Shroud
Ruby Crystal -> Guise
Boots Upgrade (depends on the opponent)

At that point you can adapt for magic defense with a Spirit Shroud, AP with a Rylai's, or physical defense with an upgrade to Frozen Heart. Then you round out the build based on what the circumstances require (more magic defense, Force of Nature; more physical defense, Warden's; more AP, Doran's (quick and cheap) or Fiendish Codec -> Deathfire)
Has no defense? That's what a Sunfire Cape gives.

Arkilies

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
Sheen is a terrible item on singed, what the hell are you thinking?

Besides singed is so faceroll on TT, he's the jax of the support category.
As I said before, the Sheen is only to build up the Trinity Force if the game lasts longer. Most of the time you never even get the Sheen. I think because this build works is because the items are cheap and your stronger than the other team because they're busy trying to buy the larger items. Thus, you getting kills and them not getting a thing.