How do you counter solo Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tekshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Called it

Note: I am not saying he's broke, he's just really powerful in lane right now and in the future Yorick fotm I need to find a way to counter him.

What's the most effective champions and playstyle to counter a solo lane Yorick. Preferably would prefer comments from people that have you know actually went against Yorick in mid. (Shocking, I know) I'd also like to mention I have Yorick and play with him occasionally provided the team comp needs him.

Answers/Results from 1v1s throughout the thread:

What will or probably counter Yorick depending on skill level

1. So far a Cass will be able to outdps a Yorick so that's a possible counter. (Well if Yorick doesn't get boots that is)
  2. A godly lee sin can outlane Yorick at top. (Not sure now after his nerfs and the lack of lane sins these days)
  3. Boots + 3 hp pots and cloth armor + 5 hp pot is good for champions that can't handle pre-level 6 well.
  4. Once Cho'gath gets past his level 1-3, he can sustain himself pretty well and is on equal footing with Yorick. From there it depends on how good both players are. Usually ends up in a stalemate though with Cho gaining a slight or massive lead in cs assuming yorick can't get every creep from a wave. (Thing is Cho auto pushes lane which makes it deadly for -1600 elo players)
  5. A defensive farming malzahar could do the trick but he can't really outlane Yorick until maybe 6. Even then I feel Yorick is stronger than him.
  6. Top lane Udyr is a beast if he gets rolling. Especially if he rolls cloth + 5 pots generally leading to a win to the lane. Problem is he pushes as well leading to generally tons of easy ganks. Lanedyr ceases to exist though so meh along with his nerfs so I don't know how he'll fare.
  7. Talon trolls Yorick hard with his silence and rake.
  8. Fiddlesticks trolls Yorick hard with his silence and drain. Not even a match.
  9. Renekton is a monster. **** him, but that might be due to my own ineptitude.
  10. Riven has multiple dashes and shields to either escape Yorick's harass or to fight Yorick making her a strong counter.
  11. Tryndamere is also another champion that does insanely well against Yorick. Can't do **** to z3rgm3n
  12. Irelia is a monster at sustaining early and can deal a lot of damage early. If Irelia gets a kill she becomes unstoppable, however if she just farms, Yorick will beat her in every way if they get a glacial shroud / frozen heart.
  13. Nunu loses the moment Yorick gets his tear and spirit visage. Can't outsustain all that damage.

Stalemates/Losses
  1. WW, Udyr, etc... type champions will be able to draw the lane into a stalemate, which basically becomes who can farm better or who has better gankers.
  2. Stalemate with Maokai, but Yorick can push harder and take blue faster.
  3. Yorick can out sustain Urgot early game. They can both harass each other, but the difference is Yorick's harass gives him health. Note: Urgot will be outclassed almost every time, almost pointless to play Urgot against Yorick.
  4. Heim can't last against Yorick in any way. Not even when running clarity teleport.
  5. Alkali can't do it, too squishy and she loses in terms of 1v1 damage pre-level 6. But Yorick should be zoning her at mid at that point. Even though the cloak may seem like a good idea, it doesn't solve a lot of her squishy issues.
  6. Anyone squishy AND no sustainability.
  7. Susan(Nasus), even if he's farming his Q off his ghouls he's making no gold which is really important on susan. But after a certain point if he does somehow get farm he can ignore Yorick's ghoul to a point. But if Yorick gets a blue, lane is lost.
  8. Trundle's passive does ****, don't even bother with this lane.
  9. BLUE BUFF DESTROYS EVERYONE YOU NEED A GANK IF YORICK HAS BLUE BUFF DON'T EVEN TRY TO OUTLANE A BLUE BUFF YORICK

Possible champions but haven't tested with yet are: Renekton and Mordekaiser

If someone thinks up a possible playstyle or champion, add me and 1v1 me as I want to see if it can at the very least counter my Yorick just to see how well it works higher up.

Also #1 guide that taught me how to play Yorick. Lets you dominate most solo lanes.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1958

Dystopiux

07-09-2011

rumble.

udyr.

I AM EXCELLENT

07-09-2011

You wait for the nerf.

Additionally,

GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL GHOUL

Attachment 216279

(hint: click picture)

Tekshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Rumble gets outharassed by Yorick, and is especially gimped by Yorick's W. Doesn't help that his early game was nerfed.

Someone aside from udyr.

TheRamenBandit

07-09-2011

hit him until he dies

Kathranis

07-09-2011

His W and E (arguably his best spells) both scale off AD but do Magic Damage. So yes, in a way. But then you've still got to deal with his Q and auto-attacks. Not to mention his cloned carry shooting your face in.

Ampersant

07-09-2011

do people think he's op?

DaddyLongSwords

07-09-2011

He's no op. He just actually has a lane presence now and can solo.

Pizza Soldier

07-10-2011

it's called gank, a relatively new feature

LethalityVoX

07-10-2011

By not being hilariously bad at the game.