Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

SUGGESTION: Reduce ELO loss for leaver games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5 Dollar Holler

07-09-2011

Incredibly annoying in ranked games when someone leaves, most recently "because I have to go eat dinner" and you lose, and still lose the same amount of ELO.

- Leaving ranked games should increase the amount of ELO you lose if your team loses
- Players on the shorthanded team should not lose as much ELO (maybe tie it to how long of a game. if someone leaves at 40 mins it's closer to the normal ELO than at 5 minutes)

One other suggestion: when someone is disconnected in champ select, currently it just counts down and assigns them a random hero. Meanwhile their lightning triangle is flashing away. If that's the case can you boot them from the lobby (making them lose ELO for dodging the game)? Otherwise it's a giant mess, IF the person comes back "omg my runes are all wrong" or they're bad with that champ or whatever.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheQueefelTower

07-09-2011

I agree with the idea. A simple solution would be to make the players who stay lose a percentage less and the player who leaves to lose a percentage more, as an extra penalty.