Team ZAM vs. Riot Games @ PAX

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

its the sun day

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSoultaker View Post
Am I the only one wondering why they called the people at PAX the top players at riot?

I wondered that myself. I know Jeff has or at least had the highest ELO. I was hoping that we would get to play the best of the best and that way if we got stomped it woulda been at least fun to watch myself get owned. Not taking anything away from the Riot team we played, but I dont think they were the best. I had a blasty blast anyways.

<3 Thanks for taking up our challenge

its the sun day

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
Oddly, it seemed to me like ZAM got off to a rough start (Including a very odd early lane duo, they fielded Cho'Gath and Taric against an enemy Taric and Sivir) and then did push back during the middle -- but the better start that Riot managed I think is what let them pull through at the end.
We were set up the way we were because we had never all played together before. We didnt even know what we were going to play until the night before when we talked about it for 30 minutes on a conference call. Anyways, Cho is fairly new at the game but he was a friend so he played with us. Taric (Andrew) wanted to lane with him as a healer to keep him alive. I would have prefered a different champion in my lane but Shawn wanted to play Ryze. =)

Oh and we WERE winning at the start. There was no rough start for us. It got rough at about 20 min or so when we epic failed in a team clash. Like I said earlier, Sivir + Ulti + Starks = GG =)

Ryoshi

09-06-2009

If you guys need a full-time video editor, I am available

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayTB View Post
I wondered that myself. I know Jeff has or at least had the highest ELO. I was hoping that we would get to play the best of the best and that way if we got stomped it woulda been at least fun to watch myself get owned. Not taking anything away from the Riot team we played, but I dont think they were the best. I had a blasty blast anyways.

<3 Thanks for taking up our challenge
Any way people who wern't there would be able to watch the game? It sounds like it was a good game.

its the sun day

09-07-2009

Yeah. Videos should be posted this upcoming week. I am pretty stoked to see them myself. See what I did wrong and what the team did wrong. I am also curious to see how the other lanes did. It was a pretty intense game and it was hard for me to pay attention to anything that was going on besides my lane. It was really hard for us to communicate as well. It was incredibly loud. I couldnt even hear** the game play through the headset. >.<

Xl

Adjudicator

09-07-2009

It was pretty entertaining to watch. ZAM did indeed get off to a better start (in some lanes, Riot seemed to have the advantage mid), but the team battles were all in Riot's favor - between Sivir's ult and the Morgana-Blitzcrank combo that let Riot trap and then pull people one by one, they dominated pretty consistently once they went past the 20-minute mark. Good stuff.

Bianary

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayTB View Post
Oh and we WERE winning at the start. There was no rough start for us. It got rough at about 20 min or so when we epic failed in a team clash. Like I said earlier, Sivir + Ulti + Starks = GG =)
I just recall Ryze dying to Morgana in the 2v1 lane they had, and I'm pretty sure the mid lane got driven back and held against their turret -- which is big gold loss on last hits.

It wasn't a huge, you got smashed early thing by any means. It just seemed like it was slightly disadvantaged and gave the RIOT team a bit of a head start.

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

Hungry for video ^^ when can we expect it?

Cantor

09-08-2009

The video would be great, but before that I'd like to hear what the lineups were.

Mr Tibbers

09-08-2009

I'd love to see the video too (totally original, right?). I wish I was there. Screw college! >.<