So is Yorick now...viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RushinRoulet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

I just played a game against bots to see how Yorick is. Didn't play him pre-buff, but I was laning against intermediate Warwick and Cho...I was fed rediculously as yorick. Destroying them and forcing them to push back. I was fed 11 kills before I died and yadda yadda its only bots but I havent done that well against them before. Late game he seemed fine but since we were fighting bots my team just backdoored and we never really teamfought. I HAD A BLAST playing him. And he seems like he could be a great jungler too since i cleared Liz and Golem almost instantly. So basically my question: Is Yorick now a viable character to play and dangerous against the other team start to finish?

Omanicle

07-09-2011

Yorick is fine. lol bots.

Ashton Mylkos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Yes, Yorick is now a very powerful champion. His upgrade made a huge improvement in his performance.

MyNameIsDonovan

07-09-2011

Attached are my thoughts on the Yorick buff

*SPOILER*

They're good

Giltia Zero

07-09-2011

No. He's not. He's about 5-10% more durable depending on how many of his ghouls are still alive, and he STILL does absolutely no damage. His mana problems still exist in a slightly less painful format, and he still contributes little to nothing to a teamfight due to a total lack of REAL CC. He has no built in damage. He has no built in survivability. He has no useful CC. His ghouls are still completely useless.

Post-Buff Yorick is slightly better than Pre-Buff Yorick.

This is still bottom of the barrel.

Cardmaster

07-09-2011

Yorick is pretty good. Early game lifesteal helps him stay in lane. AOE slow is nice. And I feel he's hitting alot harder. He's kinda like an AD burst. And then his ghouls help tower dive and chase down the opponent.

YOUR FAMlLY

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
No. He's not. He's about 5-10% more durable depending on how many of his ghouls are still alive, and he STILL does absolutely no damage. His mana problems still exist in a slightly less painful format, and he still contributes little to nothing to a teamfight due to a total lack of REAL CC. He has no built in damage. He has no built in survivability. He has no useful CC. His ghouls are still completely useless.

Post-Buff Yorick is slightly better than Pre-Buff Yorick.

This is still bottom of the barrel.
Look above you and then try again.

Anyways Yorick is completely fine. He has become more of an initiator so building him a little tanky isn't a bad way to go.

Akorvyr

07-09-2011

I think yorick is fine, he is just a different champ to get used to. might take a few times to get him down

Pep Legend

07-09-2011

If you are unable to just charge into a team fight and wipe someone out, you might want to try flanking and going for their squish, bursting from hiding and opening with W and E, then closing and mangle facing them with Q. Both of you are low 1v1? Bait them into a bush and open the same way but pop your ult to make it 2v1. With CDR and SV you will win battles by kiting them and outhealing them. Also in lane your harass should allow you to get close enough to your minions to pop your Q to close the distance for your WE harass.