Swain for riot and players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Huotuo

07-09-2011

Hello, As the title suggest i am to talk about our beloved swain. Before i get started let me start by saying I am neutral in all this. I just want to get this out here for all swain players.

For those who don't play Swain, he is a tanky, caster with some serious damage. The latest patch did the following to his bread and butter ultimate.

Ravenous Flock now heals Swain for 75% of damage dealt versus champions, and 25% versus minions

So now instead of a flat heal rate, he only heals for a certain percentage. What this truly means is that Swain can no long horde a lane like he used to, however as long as you have decent ap, Swain will actually heal better against champs. Riot I love ya, I dont mind the change however you have promised buffs for swain, instead it seems as if it is a give and take scenario.

I know some Swain users are going to argue and be angry with this, and before you post try the follow build,

Dorans ring -->catalyst-->lvl1 boots--> Mejai Soulstealer-->ROA-->Spell Pen boots-->hourglass--> Rabadon's

This "Nerf" basically just means that swain has to return to base more, and that is fine, if you play him correctly it wont be an issue. I have upload 2 images to show that Swain is still our beloved man eating general.

I would however would like to partition for a new Swain skin though (plz riot, i am begging you)

Ulquiorra995

07-09-2011

It prevents him from fully healing vs creep wave, same as they did to Irelia's ult, providing him with more survivability in teamfights in return. Sounds like a fair change to me.

Upparoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra995 View Post
It prevents him from fully healing vs creep wave, same as they did to Irelia's ult, providing him with more survivability in teamfights in return. Sounds like a fair change to me.
The problem is healing off of a creep wave is what allowed him to compete in mid with other casters, as well as the issue that the crows don't prioritize champions.

Huotuo

07-09-2011

Upparoom is absolutely correct however, with nevermore and 1 cycle of ravenous flock will kill creeps, Swain is not the type of character that rushes into battle, he sets the battle pace to himself. I will be the first to admit that I personally suck at last hitting however i manage to last hit enough to recover my mana from ravenous flock, cause every creep kill restores his mana so he can use ravenous flock more.

Swain must now judge the use of his ultimate instead of flaunting it about. I can see why riot did this and I can see why players are upset, however if they just adjust their play style a little bit, Swain can be if not more deadly then before.

And just to add another word, 1 bird is actually prioritized to attack swains target while the other 2 are not, so it is not nearly as bad as people say. Trust me

KesaBaiu

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huotuo View Post
I would however would like to partition for a new Swain skin though (plz riot, i am begging you)
I knooooooooooooooow I want them to make a skin for him as the Goblin King from The Labyrinth! YUM