Nerfed Sunfire?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostySnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Hey, I was told in game that sun fire cape was nerfed, and that the ability no longer stacks.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Forty Bass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

read the patch notes. it now cost 100 more gold and the passive is now unique.

Thas Ninja

12-14-2010

Yes, the passive is now unique.
Which is fantastic.

Mezmrick

12-14-2010

Costs 100 more to upgrade. Stats don't even go up when you build it. going to change alot of peoples builds :P

TGGYellowpen

12-14-2010

I was building to multiple SFs as Garen. I'm pretty new to the game and that's what somebody suggested to me. Anyone have advice on what I should build now that the passive is unique? Flame about my previous build will be tolerated, but not preferred.

NinetyNineTails

12-14-2010

To be honest, I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, Sunfire stacking was always bad, so nerfing it seems unnecessary. On the other hand, keeping the game relatively balanced and fun at lower skill levels is important for the long-term health of the game (and, you know, 'fun' is important, full stop), so there's something to said for Riot putting the kibosh on all the Sunfire stacks running around. I'm really not sure what to think.

DeltaSoul; Any time you would have gotten a Sunfire, get a Randuin's Omen or Guardian Angel instead

Doriantv

12-14-2010

Sunfire stacking in Low ELO was a mean thing to do. Against opponents who know what MR and Madreds were, it was useless.

Notlupus

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNineTails View Post
DeltaSoul; Any time you would have gotten a Sunfire, get a Randuin's Omen or Guardian Angel instead
His final build looking something like this?

Boots
FaN
Randuins
Sunfire
Guardian Angel
???

That'll scare the enemy...

Demonskin

12-15-2010

In many ways I am both glad and pissed about this. I mean on one hand I am thrilled that everyone said because I am an amumu player I HAVE to stack sunfires to be any good and worth anything to them even going so far as to mock me. To those people I now say HAHA SUCK IT *****. And cutting down the noobiroobis using the stacking ability helps in laning and close team fights.

However I am extremely dismayed at the extra 100 gold I love sunifre cape its a part of my main build but with the extra hundred gold thats a bit more I have to pay and a bit longer I have to wait to get my item and that is not cool. I am not happy with the fact that I have to suffer because people abused the system