Support Ali viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karagee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

So since it is alistar free week, and i've played a small bit of alistar in the past and enjoyed him, i was gonna start playing him more. I have a friend who i duo queue with who i would like to try support ali to his ranged DPS. But then there came the nerfs to his heal, and i was just wondering if any dedicated Ali players had a good take on this. Can he still be played support? Is AP ali a better route? or is he dead in the water, so to speak?

Zikel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

well when it comes to protecting an ally only Janna comes close to him
he can heal a bit as well, and if he is not needed he can go roam

Karagee

07-09-2011

Those were my thoughts. My friend has been working on his corki, so he can 1v2 once he gets a little better (depending on team comp of course) so I was thinking ali would be good cause i could roam a little bit. I just wasnt sure if running support/roam ali was even worth it with the nerf to the heal, or if its just better to go AP.

Vallun

07-09-2011

support alistar is how it used to be before locket was removed and squishy alistar meta

all the auras (aegis shurelias)then just protect carry

ThePharmacist

07-09-2011

Alister
after that europian player played AP alister, hes so popular as AP now which I don't like
alister is suposed to be played as support I feel. Suport in the fact that he positions enemies,
and other than roam, you can take down the ocasional tower because your high durability with your ult.

Urieldhynne

07-09-2011

Very viable. Xpecial support your team solo mid in dreamhack with Alistar.

Better alistar: Tank/support/roamer.

Quintessence

07-09-2011

every build is viable on alistar, he plays himself.

Karagee

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urieldhynne View Post
Very viable. Xpecial support your team solo mid in dreamhack with Alistar.

Better alistar: Tank/support/roamer.
One of the reasons i wanted to try him support was because i saw it in dreamhack and on some high level streams, but i was specifically wondering if his heal nerf (ap ratio lowered to .2 from .4 iirc) was a significant hit to his support abilities or not.