Fml, Need help with getting rid of custom skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syyia

07-09-2011

So I found about custom skins yesterday. I downloaded, via the skin launcher client, like... a lot of skins.
Once the servers come back online I try and load into a game, and I get an error and I can't log back into the game.

some of the skins are showing up, some aren't. I realize that I probably am overwriting skins with each other and there's a serious problem. So I go to the skin launcher client and just select all then proceed to delete all.

At this point I realize that I probably should have hit uninstall before delete. The skins and icons still showed up in game.

So I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it, and the icons and skins are still there, except they don't show up when I load into a game.

I want to get rid of the icons and skin splash art, but I'm not sure how at this point. I think there's some way with replacing a folder into the LoL directory folder, but I don't know exactly what I'm doing.

Any help? I'll probably have to bump this like a million times.

Syyia

07-09-2011

Bump.

Itamaru

07-09-2011

reinstall

/thread

Elestriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Just do Repair from the LoL patcher, it'll fix everything.

When you're installing custom skins, install them one at a time and test them to ensure they don't explode.

PhrankoRock

07-09-2011

reported.

JustWatson

07-09-2011

I haven't really dabbled with custom skins much so I can't give anything more than generic advice, but if you've already tried reinstalling you could also give the repair tool a try. If you don't know how to use it, when you bring up the launcher there should be a few gears on the top right next to the close and minimize buttons, click on that and select the repair installation option on the window that pops up. It should fix most problems with your client, so it just might work.

Syyia

07-09-2011

Thanks. I'll try that and see.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunt Shredder View Post
Custom skins are against their policy. Reported.
They don't endorse nor discourage.