An essential game asset was not found when loading the game:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaunyx

07-08-2011

As the title says.

Upon entering Loading of character to get into game after many hours of waiting and tries to log in to the game, I was faced with an Error.

It says,

An essential game asset was not found when loading the game:

__ANIMS_shopkeeper

Please try reinstalling the game. A guide to help you install should open automatically after closing this window.

So I reinstalled and the same Error keeps appearing. Also please note that in order for me to test this out, I have to AFK in many games. Here I come Ban....

Any suggestions?
Help please. Desperate for some LoL action.

Thanks,
MarkerPenasd

Ali911

07-08-2011

I have the same problem now where i cant even log in to a game! like i choose my hero and the game begins but i cant get into it at all!

Shaunyx

07-09-2011

yea its so annoying.. redownloading AGAIN

Someone help us? :S

Shaunyx

07-09-2011

Bump?

Clinkz Eastwoood

09-30-2011

fix please...

Koboroko

11-16-2011

bump

Dbast01

Recruiter

11-17-2011

Yo tengo el mismo problema

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

11-17-2011

Please make sure you're reinstalling from these links, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1474419

Also, when testing your game, try starting a custom game in order to avoid getting flagged by Leaverbuster.

Koboroko

11-20-2011

YES I HAVE FINALLY FIXED IT! I AM SO HAPPY!

So the cause of this is most likely corrupted files that are not going away when you simply uninstall the game. So here is what you need to do.

1) Uninstall the game by clicking start, clicking control panel, go to programs and uninstall a program, and double click on League of Legends.

2) Click start and under search programs and files, type League of Legends. There should be a couple of options to click on like LeagueofLegendsBaseNA or LeagueofLegendsBaseNA (1), but you will want to click on the one that says LeagueofLegends, thats it. This is the installer that you used the very first time you ever played LoL. It will ask if you want to delete some old files, and click yes. This will get rid of all the old files pertaining to LoL and will get rid of the corrupted files and replace them with new.

3) let the whole thing download again. This may take like 45 min. At the end you will arrive at the old patcher. You will have to wait for it to patch and update. Dont worry it will be just like you remember it before it stopped working. At the end, it should be on the new patcher with the "play" button. Click it and log on.

4) ENJOY! I know I did!

I really hope this helps guys!

KingOfTheAlpacas

07-05-2013

I have been having this issue for a few months now.