Having a problem with champ select after patch?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lay Brawn Jaymes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Still waiting for someone to address what happened to a ton of Comcast users last night at around 3 AM EST when we got disconnected, saw server undefined, and couldn't access the website or forums - yet were still able to cruise Facebook and other websites.

Yeah, we really appreciate the Leave and Losses that we got for it that you can't erase from our records. Really appreciate how no one replied to our threads either. Really appreciate how it took me calling your HQ in order to get someone to at least talk to me and acknowledge it was an issue on your end.

DukeStupid

07-09-2011

I just ran into this too. I played about 4 games tonight. the previous game I picked Zilean (whom I don't have any skins for.) No queue dodging seen all evening; just the regular champ select into the game.

The symptom is it seems to go straight into the skin picker, without picking a champion. Clicking on the Champions tab at the top does nothing. I queue dodged then.

EDIT: My system.cfg looks fine:
DownloadURL=l3cdn.riotgames.com
DownloadPath=/releases/live
Region=NA

I also noticed it seemed like I received a second patch this evening. I received the initial large one around 10PM PDT, and then I restarted the client around 12:30AM and received a smaller patch. I did have a successful match after that. My PvP.net version is now 1.38.39 (whereas the patch notes state 1.38.38)

snekadid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deekahn View Post
Still waiting for someone to address what happened to a ton of Comcast users last night at around 3 AM EST when we got disconnected, saw server undefined, and couldn't access the website or forums - yet were still able to cruise Facebook and other websites.

Yeah, we really appreciate the Leave and Losses that we got for it that you can't erase from our records. Really appreciate how no one replied to our threads either. Really appreciate how it took me calling your HQ in order to get someone to at least talk to me and acknowledge it was an issue on your end.
And its both awesome and mature that your jumping into a thread about completely different issues to whine about it rather then joining one of the other threads about that same thing.

We really appreciate your harassing the Red name trying to help with a issue because you had an axe to grind, so you attacked the metaphorical Red Cross tent.

Nearika and you will be very happy together.... some where else.

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

07-09-2011
8 of 13 Riot Posts

Thanks for the additional info.

For those of you who are still having the problem, click back to the champion tab during champion select. Do not remain on the skins tab once you lock in (you can pick a skin but then return to the champion tab). This should alleviate the problem for the time being.

Lay Brawn Jaymes

07-09-2011

At what point was it mandatory to be awesome on here? This is a gaming community, I've yet to meet a single gaming community that was full of awesomeness.

As for mature, eh... it's 5 AM, that's the last thing on my mind.

I did join one of the threads about it... and after hours of ensuring that the topic was bumped, not a single red has yet to reply on it or acknowledge it.

As an individual that has invested several hundred dollars in to this game, I think I have the right to target the posts that reds are actively replying to and make sure they're aware of the issue and are going to pass it along to the correct department.

So... cry more?

Robbynn

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by snekadid View Post
look, my problem has never been anyone que dodging.

ill play a game, then ill go to play anouther and 100% of the time the skin screen bug will happen and then i have to force lol closed and restart it in order to play. it doesnt matter whether i hit the play again or go back to the main screen and start the game from there.
I didnt edit any LOL files< though its tempting sometimes>.

the region in my config file was listed NA so that point doesnt apply, i repaired anyways, problem wasnt fixed.
i will set it to reinstall while im sleeping, if that doesnt work please have anouther solution ready to try in about 8 hours ^^, and if at all possible please state what the problem was when the source is discovered.
I am having the exact same thing. I play one game alright and then next is the screen where skins are and it is blank. I can hit accept and it will randomly select a champ.

DukeStupid

07-09-2011

FWIW, after a repair I was unable to reproduce using custom games. I tried selecting free champs, champs I own, champs with non-default skins, switching to and from skin/champion.

CosmoNinja

07-09-2011

On two different computers now i have had this issue where right when i join a game its automaticly on the skin selection screen and i cannot select a champion at all, if i hit lock in it just auto selects a champ, then timer goes to 0, says battle is about to begin but it just stays at that screen forever.

I found that if i restart the client it fixes, but only for a game or 2 before it does this again. Have never had this issue until the most recent patch.

Excella

07-09-2011

I can pick a champion everything runs smoothly, but when the champion menu closes to open loading screen the loading screen doesnt even come up and the whole game crashes. Try reconnecting to the game and it keeps happening

agumike

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNyandalee View Post
Thanks for the additional info.

For those of you who are still having the problem, click back to the champion tab during champion select. Do not remain on the skins tab once you lock in (you can pick a skin but then return to the champion tab). This should alleviate the problem for the time being.
As far as I could tell, this didn't work. You couldn't click the champion tab. It was already selected, even though you are looking at the skins page

1234567 ... 12