Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Having a problem with champ select after patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

snekadid

Member

07-09-2011

no


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfestOreo

Senior Member

07-09-2011

Quote:
GGWHITEBOY:
is this the bug where LoL crashes at character Loading screen??


This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Right at the loading screen popped up, everything was blue and couldn't see anything other than the blue outline of the champions. The program then immediately closed out and a bug reporter thing showed up.

I subsequently tried to run it on compatibility (xp, vista) and administrator but nothing worked. I even rebooted to no avail. I've been playing LOL since last year and never had a hiccup except for this patch.

To be more specific of what I saw that could've caused it was this:

1. I clicked on the LoL launcher.
2. The software was automatically patching itself.
3. About half-way through it froze.. completely.
4. After which i restarted the client and the patcher started over.
5. About halfway again, instead of freezing, it just ZOOMED to complete 100% from 40%. I thought that was weird.
6. I started the game with 5 of my friends and everytime I tried to relog in, BLUE SCREEN at character/game loading.

So I tried the following:

1. Run the LoL Repair tool at the launcher. (Didn't work, it errored out somehow)
2. Uninstall LoL.
3. Redownload LoL from Leagueoflegends.com.
4. Reinstall LoL
5. During reinstallation process, this error occurs:

Feature: DefaultFeature
Component: Files1
File: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\air\assets\storeImages\content\champions\chamdc2c.rra
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

No matter what I do, I can't get around this... I mean come on.. I UNINSTALLED IT already and am starting over fresh.. So I don't know why this wouldn't let me reinstall.


I've spent more than $300 (that's a PS3 mind you) in this game and it would be a shame for me to stop playing this outright. Please help!!!!!!!!!

Han


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

07-09-2011

Alright guys, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but please reinstall your client if the fix in the OP does not work for you. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes - I know that having to reinstall is always the dreaded option =(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

07-09-2011

Quote:
InfestOreo:
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Right at the loading screen popped up, everything was blue and couldn't see anything other than the blue outline of the champions. The program then immediately closed out and a bug reporter thing showed up.

I subsequently tried to run it on compatibility (xp, vista) and administrator but nothing worked. I even rebooted to no avail. I've been playing LOL since last year and never had a hiccup except for this patch.

To be more specific of what I saw that could've caused it was this:

1. I clicked on the LoL launcher.
2. The software was automatically patching itself.
3. About half-way through it froze.. completely.
4. After which i restarted the client and the patcher started over.
5. About halfway again, instead of freezing, it just ZOOMED to complete 100% from 40%. I thought that was weird.
6. I started the game with 5 of my friends and everytime I tried to relog in, BLUE SCREEN at character/game loading.

So I tried the following:

1. Run the LoL Repair tool at the launcher. (Didn't work, it errored out somehow)
2. Uninstall LoL.
3. Redownload LoL from Leagueoflegends.com.
4. Reinstall LoL
5. During reinstallation process, this error occurs:

Feature: DefaultFeature
Component: Files1
File: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\air\assets\storeImages\content\champions\chamdc2c.rra
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

No matter what I do, I can't get around this... I mean come on.. I UNINSTALLED IT already and am starting over fresh.. So I don't know why this wouldn't let me reinstall.


I've spent more than $300 (that's a PS3 mind you) in this game and it would be a shame for me to stop playing this outright. Please help!!!!!!!!!

Han


Thank you for posting all the details. We have people working on a current issue and I will give updates as I can (I am no longer at the office as an FYI)

Also, your issue appears different from the main one in this thread so the steps given are not for this issue. Just to clarify =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coersion

Senior Member

07-09-2011

Appreciate the work Nyandalee. Sadly, I am leaving LA tomorrow


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfestOreo

Senior Member

07-09-2011

Quote:
RiotNyandalee:
Thank you for posting all the details. We have people working on a current issue and I will give updates as I can (I am no longer at the office as an FYI)

Also, your issue appears different from the main one in this thread so the steps given are not for this issue. Just to clarify =)




Okay. I don't mind. I just want a solution since I've actually uninstalled it and am now trying to reinstall it, and it's not working.

Need a solution for that. =(

Sad faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

07-09-2011

Thank you for being so understanding guys. It means a lot <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

07-09-2011

I keep having this problem...but no one queue dodged.

I can't see any champions. Just the outline of rectangular area that the portraits should be and, for some reason, the skin select buttons.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

07-09-2011

Quote:
TwistWrist:
I keep having this problem...but no one queue dodged.

I can't see any champions. Just the outline of rectangular area that the portraits should be and, for some reason, the skin select buttons.


Mind explaining what you did to get you there? Were you in a queue where someone dodged at some point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

snekadid

Member

07-09-2011

look, my problem has never been anyone que dodging.

ill play a game, then ill go to play anouther and 100% of the time the skin screen bug will happen and then i have to force lol closed and restart it in order to play. it doesnt matter whether i hit the play again or go back to the main screen and start the game from there.
I didnt edit any LOL files< though its tempting sometimes>.

the region in my config file was listed NA so that point doesnt apply, i repaired anyways, problem wasnt fixed.
i will set it to reinstall while im sleeping, if that doesnt work please have anouther solution ready to try in about 8 hours ^^, and if at all possible please state what the problem was when the source is discovered.