Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xin Build Help (Newb)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acid0

07-08-2011

Hello, can someone link me to a good Xin build (items, masteries, runes, ability order)

Because apparently the #1 xin build on mobafire is awful, (from the comments I've read.) o.o

I'm looking for a build with a good amount of DPS, but some survivability so that he's not ultra squishy, and I'd prefer not to jungle.

Thanks

Ast1an

07-08-2011

runes = red for armor pen
yellows for flat armor
blues for mr/lvl
and quintences of armor pen

masterys 21/9/0 taking damage and dodge chance

i usually build doran's blade, mercury's treads, trinity force or black cleaver and then I go for atma's Frozen mallet bloodthirster force of nature, banshees veil, any of those items is great on him o_o it depends on ur play style and opossing team.

Azellos

07-08-2011

i looked at it and didnt think it was so bad, it's rated highly for a reson after all.

As with every AD hitter, infinity edge and phantom dancer are essential for dps. Boots are typically mercury treads if they are AP or have a lot of stuns, ninja tab. if they are mostly AD, or berserker greaves if you feel like you want more attack speed off the bat. Those 3 items accounted for, you have a choice of these items:

Bloodthirster is great with high base damage and life steal. Only problem is it's kinda expensive...

Frozen Mallet gives 700 hp and a SLOW, nice for xin. The 20 damage is icing on the cake.

Trinity Force is typically an alternative to frozen mallet, more offensive with a less reliable slow.

Black Cleaver is nice for attack speed, a fair amount of damage, and getting through armor. Get it if they stack armor, but it's not always worth it.

Randuin's omen is a great armor+hp item for survivability and utility. It's very well rounded, top choice for armor item. (Note: frozen heart isnt as good on xin, cdr/mana are not worth it)

Thornmail: It's an alternative armor item for when they have very squishy AD like tyrandmere or yi.

Banshee's Veil: Another utility+survivability, this time for magic resist. Gives health/mana, blocks a spell, and nice magic resist.

Force of Nature: The other main magic resist item, i usually get this only if they are heavy on magic resist, and typically after banshee's veil. However, you can opt for this instead, it's definitely viable and might even grant more survivability.

Off the items i listed, including the 3 near-essentials, you can mix and match a lot. However, i reccomend going something like zeal or boots>buy the other> phantom dancer>chain vest>negatron cloak>infinity edge>Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet>Randuins>Banshee's. It can vary a lot, maybe skip armor/magic resist, etc. But this is a good start.

Acid0

07-08-2011

thx guys, what about ability order. is it R>Q>W>E?

Khalpone

07-08-2011

21/9/0 Masteries, Flash + Ignite Summoners
ArP Red, Flat Armor Yellow, MR / level Blue, Move speed Quints (or flat hp)

Doran's Blade, Tier 1 boots, Doran's blade, Phage, Merc Treads, Shen, Zeal, Trinity Force.

Then Negatron cloak, Chain Vest, finish Banshees, Finish Atma's Impaler. Most games end before this.

Decide if you need more Damage or more survivability (normally tanky item). Choose Force of Nature, Randuien's Omen, Sunfire Cape, Guardian Angel based on what enemy champion is getting the kills. I normally go Sunfire Cape.

It's really rare you need more damage on xin beyond Triforce and Atmas, but you can always go Black Cleaver or Infinity Edge. In general, I don't go for Lifesteal, Phantom dancers, or Ghostblade on him.

Khalpone

07-08-2011

Quote:
Acid0:
thx guys, what about ability order. is it R>Q>W>E?

Two schools of thought, I recommend you try both and see what you like. Both max R, then Either E or Q, then the other, lastly W (1pt at L3). Activating your W before you charge someone gets it off cooldown fast so you can follow up another charge to finish runners / change to new person.

doo0ooooooom

07-08-2011

Quote:
Azellos:

Black Cleaver is nice for attack speed, a fair amount of damage, and getting through armor. Get it if they stack armor, but it's not always worth it.

just to nitpick this, the more armor you have already the less % benefit each point gives, so that 45 armor you're removing is worth a heck of a lot more to a squishy than to a tank. Black cleaver is not an anti-tank item its just a good dps item in general.