so what is malphite?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

andrd

07-08-2011

apparently hes supposed to be a tank...some games ive played with him he does his job and other times he gets bursted down to oblivion..ive played using various tank builds and it seems no matter what i do hes pretty useless end game. he does almost no damage end game and can be ignored almost like mundo. only thing hes useful for is his ult which is just meh...thoughts?

Wylde Kat

07-08-2011

yer doin it wrong.

andrd

07-08-2011

how do you do it?

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

What is Malphite: Flexible.

Best Zod NA

07-08-2011

I believe some sort of animate rock formation?

Ur little sister

07-08-2011

He shines:
* In smaller battles (3v3). He's good at shutting a couple of targets down, but his lack of hard cc (aside from the obvious one) makes him lack in larger battles. He's not that good at "protecting the carry", but he is good at "weakening the ennemies".
* In ganking teams. Great initiation, slow to follow up with and increased movement speed for the chase. This rock can gank. Once your team gets on the defensive end of things, he gets it rough.
* Against physical damage teams. He can be a valuable counterpick to a team that focusses too much on AD, kind of like rammus.

The standard role for him would be offtank, possibly jungle. I've seen him tank, but if the ennemy is high on mobility, survivability or cc, he's got a problem. (Well, his ashe has got a problem ). He is a great initiator, is quite beefy, has some disruption, and also has decent damage with jungling potential. Leaning more towards offtank than tank due to the lack of hard cc.

His weakness is that he is not viable in every team.
If the opponents out-cc or outassassin you, malphite is generally a bad pick.
Many other champions are always viable in their specific role (try to find one team on which sona doesn't fit as the support, shen will always be a valuable tank, ashe will always be a good ranged carry pick, jarvan will always shine as offtank, and find me 1 balanced team on which annie and malzahar are bad AP picks...) Malphite is not such a character.

andrd

07-09-2011

thanks really insightful

Zelmung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

He can be played as tank, tanky ap, or tanky dps.

In lane, he's a good pick for solo top, solo mid against squishies, or bot duo lane for zoning.

Tanky:
Primarily, he should get some HP and armor/mr, if you are really fed, you may start to build some AP. Or if you are really farmed, (200 farm by lv16-18) you may also want to build a trinity as your 5th of 6th item, after all your tanky items for some heavy damage. If you are soloing top, you may get an early rod of ages and also stack up some AP.

My friend has played pure AP malphite mid and raped in lane against squishies like Annie, Lux, Mf, and Ezreal by building Dorans Rings, Rabadons, and other tanky AP items like zhonyas and abyssal.

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

07-09-2011

Malphite is situational. He is good against heavy phscial teams but probably not the best choice against heavy AP teams. He hasn't got any extra defence or ability against AP champs.

I play him from time to time and i think he lacks something. Lategame he really seems to ignoreable.

His passive is nice on the lane but useless later...It should scale when he levels up.