Would you like to bring DotA heroes in to League?

Yes! That would be EPIC! 20 23.53%
No! League's champions are already similar to the DotA heroes! 51 60.00%
I don't know... mabey... 8 9.41%
Whats DotA? 6 7.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Bring DotA heros in to League!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0ldN00b

07-09-2011

hmmm, X would be a really OP tank, 3s AoE taunt, AoE counter that (probably) scales with armor/hp and a cho gath ult....

Roganox

07-09-2011

w8 for dota 2(i am w8ing for it )

The7fingeredman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman View Post
ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Such a stupid post.
very true my friend

Mirth Spindle

07-09-2011

Ah.... I always love Jakiro , but Jakiro belongs in DotA not LoL. Maybe LoL can make their own multi headed dragon champion.

Also need to consider the storyline differences.

Copypasting heroes is just going to make this very unoriginal. One of the reasons why I started to play LoL was because I liked the originality of many of the characters, and I like seeing new ideas come out.

Eubanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ****** View Post
There's a game that did that. It's called HoN. If you just wanna play a DotA clone w/ a few added heroes, go play that.
This.

League has its own heros, its own mechanics, and its own flavor. However similar the games are, dota heros wouldn't work in league, league heroes wouldn't work in dota, and I'd rather not see them try to force it.

CoolHeroBro

07-09-2011

Kunkka would make Gangplank look like Little Mary Sunshine. Just sayin'.

Mezz

07-09-2011

This isn't dota, if you want dota characters go play dota, last time I checked this game was called League of Legends.

Herby20

07-09-2011

Can you imagine the whining that would happen from all the people playing against an Ursa? Nothing like hitting the enemy carry with a little bolt of lightning and stealing all of their AD as Razor. In all honesty, DotA heroes are so unbalanced compared to the ones in this game.

CoolHeroBro

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby20 View Post
Can you imagine the whining that would happen from all the people playing against an Ursa? Nothing like hitting the enemy carry with a little bolt of lightning and stealing all of their AD as Razor. In all honesty, DotA heroes are so unbalanced compared to the ones in this game.
Pretty much this.

There are some really cool mechanics in dota that I would like to see in LoL (Lucifer's consume thingy, a champ like Ogre Magi sans RNG dependence, among other things) but straight ports would be ridiculous.

Silencer, for example, would absolutely wreck... Pretty much everyone.

CoolHeroBro

07-09-2011

That being said... Shakespeare once wrote that there is nothing new under the sun. There's nothing wrong with porting old DotA champs and reworking them to make them fit LoL. Originality just for the sake of originality is pointless. I'd estimate less than 10% of people playing LoL right now have ever even touched DotA. That, combined with the fact that they'd have to be rebuilt fromt he ground up under LoL's rules (AP scaling, no more STR/INT/AGI) and with LoL's items (don't underestimate this, items are a HUGE part of moba games and HoN's item set makes it almost completely different from DotA) means that it would be an entirely different experience.

Just look at Rumble. He's a straight port of HoN's Chipper (an S2 original, not from DotA), and yet Rumble plays completely differently because he scales differently, has different items to choose from and is in a completely different meta.

tl;dr porting champs isn't an inherently bad thing and there are some legitimately fun champs/champ designs floating around dota that could be fun to have here in LoL. No Strygwyr though, **** that pubstomper.