Would you like to bring DotA heroes in to League?

Yes! That would be EPIC! 20 23.53%
No! League's champions are already similar to the DotA heroes! 51 60.00%
I don't know... mabey... 8 9.41%
Whats DotA? 6 7.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Bring DotA heros in to League!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strxex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Since League of Legends' creators are the same of DotA's, I wish the DotA heroes will be moved into League of Legends, I mean why not? The heroes are awesome, I switched from DotA to League and I really missed the heroes, if League did this, maybe DotA players will switch to League of Legends cause we have way better graphics!

I really love all the DotA heroes, they are really awesome and almost all their spells fits perfectly with one another (combos). I know that some of League of Legend champions are similar to the DotA heroes, like Blitzcrank similar to Pudge, but I feel Blitzcrank are missing great elements and concepts from Pudge, he don't have Pudge's rot, which fits perfectly with its meat hook and ult!

For people who don't know about Pudge, his rot (spell, target passive) slows and damages enemies around him, with the cost of his own health proportionality with damage. His meathook is like Blitzcrank's rocket grab, and Pudge's ult is similar to Warwick's ult but Pudge does not flashes to the target, it has a limited short range.

I'm not saying bring DotA heroes in to League as exactly as it was in DotA, the model and spells can change a bit. And it can have its own League of Legend lore.

Thanks for reading my suggestion!
Sorry if my English is bad xD

Suicidal Retard

07-08-2011

There's a game that did that. It's called HoN. If you just wanna play a DotA clone w/ a few added heroes, go play that.

SuicideSnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Such a stupid post.

GalacticFlame

07-08-2011

If this were to happen, there would be a huge patch, like today's patch, except a lot worse. I'm at a 3 hour log in, I shudder to think how long a wait time that patch would take............

Bilun

07-08-2011

I disagree. The games are so different. The changes would have to be great enough that the resulting champions would just be a pale reflection of what they were in glory. More of a reminder of what they used to be then something awesome in it's own right.

League of legends is a much more team oriented game, whereas dota was a game where as someone(I forget who) once said was balanced around making every champion overpowered so that a sufficiently skilled player could steal a game.

In league of legends by contrast there's only so much one player can do. Also many mechanics are toned down. Two easy example are that CC is by and large weaker and the removal of gold lost on death and permanent barracks loss has made early game superstars with no late game less of a potent threat.

I said let two very different games of the same genre remain separate.

Besides I'd rather see new champions anyway.

Giltia Zero

07-08-2011

Copy/Pasting DotA heroes? Two things the matter with that:

First and foremost, porting DotA heroes is HoN's thing. Second, DotA/HoN are on COMPLETELY different playing fields from LoL. LoL is essentially an excessively casualized version of those two games. What's balanced in DotA or HoN would cause a thousand baddies to cry out in pain, and suddenly be silenced by an insanely precise Pudge/Devourer grab.

Did I mention that he can do it while moving? And then supress you while dealing massive damage?

Yeah. No. DotA heroes work in HoN because HoN is based very closely off of DotA's original formula.

That being said, LoL has jacked a few champs from HoN. Rumble is a complete ripoff of Chipper, and Nocturne is a combination Sand Wraith/Dark Lady.

Reacht

07-08-2011

In truth, what we want is....PUDGE!

Giltia Zero

07-08-2011

I can assure you, if Blitzcranks grab wasn't didn't have a five second firing time and he could move while using it, this board would be swamped with "BLITZ OP" threads before the patch even went live. After?

At least we'd never see another "Nerf Tryndamere" thread again.

SynergyDreamer

07-09-2011

We already have enough balance issues (as if DotA weren't imbalanced enough). :v

Eric The Moose

07-09-2011

I just wanna see a panda in a Jingasa on league!