Rethink Capn' Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miroden

07-08-2011

(captain nub here, new to the forums, wanted to get this in the proper discussion place.)

As the game changes and characters getting nerfed and buffed and nerfed and rebuffed again, players learning different ways to roll w/ a toon, I believe it might be time to take another look at Captain Teemo.

he is a stalwart assassin, great lane partner, and a fantastic mid. but truth be told he gets blasted from a snowball. we all understand squishies can't take a lot of damage, but at times this seems ridiculous.

Teemo has the ability to jungle, crazy? maybe. but never the less, do-able. the only thing really preventing this from being a viable option is lack of ganking ability. he has no true stopping power.

I think a redesign to his Q(blinding dart) is in order.

i propose and evolutionary growth to this skill. the full mechanics of which i leave up to the engineers of course, but here is the idea..

lvl 1 - blinds target
lvl 2 - adds slow(1.5 sec)
lvl 3 - increased blind/slow
lvl 4 - adds stun before the blind/slow (1 sec)
lvl 5 - full suppression for 2 seconds before the blind/slow

this will give Teemo the versatility he needs to become a top tier champ, become the jungler we suspect him of being and allow himself to retreat more properly instead of being trounced on.

let the discussion begin.

(for other thoughts, this is in the Patch notes response and new character development forums)

Pyroxite

07-08-2011

Absurdly overpowered idea.

Also, the only thing stopping Teemo from jungling is his total lack of self-heals, shields, or anything resembling them. His ganking power is fine, especially if you play him AP.

Gloribhem

07-08-2011

a full supression for 2 seconds a skill that isn't his ultimate? No. This is a very valid reason on why Riot does not allow their community to balance this game and take lots of flack. This is a horrendous idea.

Weedlayer

07-08-2011

2 seconds of suppression before a blind + slow? That's much better then the cc on either Warwick or Malzahar's ults. I agree that a small slow added wouldn't be particularly overpowered, anything half as strong as what you're saying is just too strong.

Gloribhem

07-08-2011

No. We seriously need to stop giving slows to people who have movespeed buffs.

Crocodilly

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroxite View Post
Absurdly overpowered idea.

Also, the only thing stopping Teemo from jungling is his total lack of self-heals, shields, or anything resembling them. His ganking power is fine, especially if you play him AP.
ap is not even viable... why do you think that the top teemo player don't build ap at all ?

not saying that I agree with op crazy idea... but I do think that teemo is outclassed by other ad/ap champions..

Little Lamb

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroden View Post
(captain nub here, new to the forums, wanted to get this in the proper discussion place.)

As the game changes and characters getting nerfed and buffed and nerfed and rebuffed again, players learning different ways to roll w/ a toon, I believe it might be time to take another look at Captain Teemo.

he is a stalwart assassin, great lane partner, and a fantastic mid. but truth be told he gets blasted from a snowball. we all understand squishies can't take a lot of damage, but at times this seems ridiculous.

Teemo has the ability to jungle, crazy? maybe. but never the less, do-able. the only thing really preventing this from being a viable option is lack of ganking ability. he has no true stopping power.

I think a redesign to his Q(blinding dart) is in order.

i propose and evolutionary growth to this skill. the full mechanics of which i leave up to the engineers of course, but here is the idea..

lvl 1 - blinds target
lvl 2 - adds slow(1.5 sec)
lvl 3 - increased blind/slow
lvl 4 - adds stun before the blind/slow (1 sec)
lvl 5 - full suppression for 2 seconds before the blind/slow

this will give Teemo the versatility he needs to become a top tier champ, become the jungler we suspect him of being and allow himself to retreat more properly instead of being trounced on.

let the discussion begin.

(for other thoughts, this is in the Patch notes response and new character development forums)
LOL wtf is this? You gave all the ccs to teemo except silence and fear. You are ******ed. Don't try to make him a superman.

ninjaipod

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodilly View Post
ap is not even viable... why do you think that the top teemo player don't build ap at all ?

not saying that I agree with op crazy idea... but I do think that teemo is outclassed by other ad/ap champions..
that.

Umibozu

07-09-2011

troll

Gunney5

07-09-2011

Buwhahahahaha. That is all that I can offer to such a OP idea. Why not give Rammus's Taunt (at max rank) AoE Suppression as well? Yeahhh no.