A New Champion Approaches: Garen, the Might of Demacia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarnisVale

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachBluntz View Post
wow, why are you morons making heros like this. op and stupid, lets give him an op passive, a strong as hell ult, and for the hell of it he can have xtra armor and mresist when he kills stuff, whos the idiot who came up with this idea? he must be a complete noob. make sum innovative heros, like ones with global abilites such as make whole team invisible for a few secs or slow the whole opposing team for a few secs, sumthin new, not an op tank everyone is guna wanna play and then ull need to nerf him if u want to balance the game out cus he'l probably be too op. morons. complete morons.
I honestly can't tell whether you are being sarcastic, trying to troll us or just being plain stupid.

ANYWAYS, Garen looks like like my type of champ. I really hope he costs 1350 or 450, 3150 at worst.

Lord Muse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

i'm assuming he'll be 3150 like katarina cuz they're rivals and all. plus no mana or health cost for his abilities is a huge advantage over other champs which would warrant a higher cost

Chimaeira

04-15-2010

http://www.leagueofreplays.com/

'Q. What will Garen cost? A. He is the Ashe of meele, this should hint at what he might cost but I do not know the exact cost.'

Rest of the Q&A is at the bottom of the link supplied.

Lerry the Lebster

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longe View Post
Sadly, this champion is (in skills) quite close to that of Legionnaire in HoN. His ult is exactly the same as Garen's, his "whirlwind" skill is very much like the (i think this is the name) "whirling blade" of legionairre.

However, given that information, I am still greatly excited to try this hero out. He seems like quite a bit of fun, not to mention the attention to detail on his model.

Amazing work, Riot.
Well, you realize that hon hero was directly taken from dota, right? I believe he was Axe in dota, and while Garen's ult seems similar to Axe's, I think that's the only ability that is. His whirlwind seems very similar to Juggernaut's bladestorm, but most of the abilities in the game were inspired by dota abilities, like badage toss = hookshot. A lot of times they didn't even try to hide this fact, blood boil = bloodlust and starcall = starfall if I am not mistaken. Anyway, taking a couple of his abilities from other games isn't a problem in my book.

Not that a good portion of dota abilies weren't just abilities that the standard WC3 heroes already had. All they changed for lich was his ult.

Tsar Ivor

04-15-2010

3150 or 6300 is a must cost for this champ, 450-1350 seems far too low taking note that he does seem like an easy champ, Riot might make him 3150 to try and synch him to his arch rival/nemesis katarina (but i agree with one of the earlier posts if kat and garen fought garen would come out on top, but i cant tell for cirtain for i do not fully understand him. ^^ btw very nice job Riot and news of the skins and an aprox date of release would be nice.

Your Nightmare

04-15-2010

There is no way in hell kat could fight this guy and win... She starts spinning... Silence. He shield himself, beats her to pulp and finish her off with his ult when she tries to run.

McComb

04-15-2010

I don't like the boysband face.
He needs a helmet to cover that stud face.

I suggest the Templare style helm.

The Monster King

04-15-2010

ok cool another dude with a sword

so uh

how 'bout a new monster come on guys

Rydra

04-15-2010

I'm so making a Chaos Lord skin for this guy...

Abismal

04-15-2010

All the next champion going to cost 6300 accept it... doing that force a lot of players to buy Riot points and buy it...