Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is this a good Kayle change?

Yes 13 76.47%
No 4 23.53%
Voters 17 .

Small Kayle Improvement Suggestion - Riot Please Read and Contemplate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xan

Adjudicator

07-08-2011

Hello Riot and fellow LoLers,

I propose a small change to Kayle's ult.

Please allow the double tapping of the ult (pressing R twice) to cast the shield on Kayle, rather than having to target Kayle after selecting the ult.

This saves a few very important microseconds in some scary situations. It's one of those tiny, smart improvements that players like myself appreciate. I won't go into a long argument as to why I believe this small change is good, as I think it's rather simple.

Please let me know if you disagree or if I am missing something.

-Xan

Mike1234545

07-08-2011

Nb, Finaly someone who knows how to play and has a good idea and not a qq thread.
I'll upvote

Diamondragan

07-08-2011

You are missing something. Change the self-cast spell 4 to a hotkey like T or Shift+R.

You saved even more time because you can do that NOW and only press T ONCE.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm trolling. I'm not, and I only wish to help. Let me know what you think.

airportwifisucks

07-08-2011

if you press alt+r won't it self cast?
the double tapping r would still be easier though so i think it is a good idea.

Xan

Adjudicator

07-08-2011

Thank you very much for the suggestions Chrisreeh and Diamondragan. I am going to try both out immediately. I sheepishly admit that I was not aware of these very reasonable solutions.

That being said, I still would not mind if it was built into the champion. I do see it as a much lower priority change now though considering the above solutions.

Thank you for the constructive feedback

-Xan

SakuraSammi

07-08-2011

Quote:
Xan:
Hello Riot and fellow LoLers,

I propose a small change to Kayle's ult.

Please allow the double tapping of the ult (pressing R twice) to cast the shield on Kayle, rather than having to target Kayle after selecting the ult.

This saves a few very important microseconds in some scary situations. It's one of those tiny, smart improvements that players like myself appreciate. I won't go into a long argument as to why I believe this small change is good, as I think it's rather simple.

Please let me know if you disagree or if I am missing something.

-Xan

You're missing the point that you can self-cast by using alt-r or you can simply rebind the self-cast to a different button like T

BigWhiffCleaver

07-08-2011

just selfcast it, nub

Acrimitis

07-08-2011

I don't like the double tap idea. There's just too much potential to hit R twice when trying to hit an enemy, especially when using smart cast.

I use smart cast, with shift+R bound for self cast and it works great for me. Although, i'm considering binding it to T instead.

But, i don't see any reason riot shouldn't add in the ability to bind commands to double tap. I just won't use it. If they do, though, expect it to be extremely buggy at first.

Bonegnasher

07-09-2011

Alt + R = Win

Also works with her W, and any other buff that you can target, as far as I know.