Champion Spotlight: Leona, the Radiant Dawn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Nuthak

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrark View Post
Honestly I thought you gave a pretty well reasoned remark and list of reasons why she's not really a tank is excellent. Couldn't have said it better myself, especially since all things considered I am kind of a newbie towards this game and don't know every single heroes mechanics and abilities.

I mean again, she does look fun to play (even though I certainly won't, I hate melee heroes, hahah), but tank she is not I'd say.
Thanks, it's nice to hear some reasonable words on here every now and then. I agree, she does look fun to play. However, I know enough about this game and I have played long enough to see from this Champion Spotlight that she will probably play better as a tanky-dps, rather than a full tank. Phreak even goes so far as to abandon his team to chase a carry. You may not know because you havn't played as long, but that's bad news at high ELO. Chasing the enemy carry is a job for someone else, unless the entire rest of the team is already dead.

I've been on board with League of Legends for just short of a year now. This game is great in that there is so much to learn. The only downside is that there is nobody to teach you xD. The tutorial explains so little about the game, they need to release a more advanced tutorial.

It's the little bits of information that aren't in plain daylight that give you a competitive edge. For example, knowing the timers on all of the major buff monsters. (Red respawns every 4:00, Blue every 5:00, Dragon every 6:00, Nashor every 7:00) Being able to predict intercept paths of enemy team-mates before team-fights. (Essentially catching 1 guy alone before you give the enemies a chance to group all 5, 'causing your next fight to be a 5v4 in your advantage). Things that just take a lot of gameplay experience to learn xD. Hope tips like that help you =p.

Nuckyi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

nice video like always, how ever i did see that ur champion pic is garen. and every time u killed someone his pic came up.

Laffarater

07-08-2011

Oh my gosh... i wish real players were this gullible....
I'd be fed every game....

awsumSaucee4

07-08-2011

Every time Leona gets a kill, there is a picture saying that Phreak killed (name here). But next to Phreak, there is a picture of Garen? O.o Whats that about.

Ravengerman

07-08-2011

First i saw what he did there when he said it was worth it cause he said so in chat, then what?

He built a sunfire on Leona. Love you phreak!

No ****

Lycan Von Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nuthak View Post
Thanks, it's nice to hear some reasonable words on here every now and then. I agree, she does look fun to play. However, I know enough about this game and I have played long enough to see from this Champion Spotlight that she will probably play better as a tanky-dps, rather than a full tank. Phreak even goes so far as to abandon his team to chase a carry. You may not know because you havn't played as long, but that's bad news at high ELO. Chasing the enemy carry is a job for someone else, unless the entire rest of the team is already dead.

I've been on board with League of Legends for just short of a year now. This game is great in that there is so much to learn. The only downside is that there is nobody to teach you xD. The tutorial explains so little about the game, they need to release a more advanced tutorial.

It's the little bits of information that aren't in plain daylight that give you a competitive edge. For example, knowing the timers on all of the major buff monsters. (Red respawns every 4:00, Blue every 5:00, Dragon every 6:00, Nashor every 7:00) Being able to predict intercept paths of enemy team-mates before team-fights. (Essentially catching 1 guy alone before you give the enemies a chance to group all 5, 'causing your next fight to be a 5v4 in your advantage). Things that just take a lot of gameplay experience to learn xD. Hope tips like that help you =p.
I just told you why shes a tank do not keep telling that new person that she is not one. Just because you watched dream hack and they mentioned knowing spawn timers does not make you an expert at this game. Learn what tanks do and then tell people about the game

Master Gwuee

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetywah View Post
Why is Garen's picture in the bottom left during gameplay? and his face also shows up when you get a "kill" with leona.
it's a pre release thing, like how in previous spotlights there are champ pictures diffrent from the champ, aka MF spotlight has tristana as her picture etc.

Cueballmac

07-08-2011

Thumbs up!!!

Leonson

07-08-2011

Is it just me, or does Leona's splash art make her look like an 80's movie heroine in fantasy armor?

WCsharp

07-08-2011

Morgana suicides to give phreak her shield, vlad tanks turret like a boss and maokai just stands around doing nothing in particular.

Stopped watching :3