The Deathcap nerfs are unecessary nerfs to AP Trynd

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

[Ninja Edit: Morello has posted in This thread, but this was over a month ago and nothing has been changed]

[Ninja Edit 2: Morello posted in another thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...43787#32543787, still nothing]

NOTE: This thread grew much larger than I expected. The following quote is the original thread, I separated it so this thread would seem less like a wall of text. The below quote is the only real important bit. All links are down the bottom.

Quote:
With the changes to Deathcap, AP Trynd won't be able to 1-shot melee minions with his spin with a 15 minute deathcap, they will survive on around ~11hp. This is a huge disadvantage to his farming, as you have to attack each creep once before you spin through them. No, I am not kidding, I main AP Trynd and Deathcap changes directly affect me; 15 AP is actually a lot, especially when after its passive that is ~18.5AP (translates into 27.5hp per heal and 18.5 damage on his spin).

Would it be possible to increase spins damage by 5/10/15/20/25 just to compensate for this loss? It won't make AD Trynd any stronger (really) and it allows AP Trynd to farm properly. He was already affected by the increase gold cost of Rabadon's, and also the increase MR on creeps and especially jungles (now it takes that much more AP to 1-shot the wraiths, a couple of seconds of auto attacking multiple times per game really adds up).

Inb4 downvotes because I play a non-mainstream champ/build; remember when everyone thought Eve was the worst champ in the game, then suddenly she became the most OP because someone did well with her?

If you think I am trolling, here is a replay of me playing AP Trynd (its not my best match, but its the only one I have on this computer).

P.S. If you wanna see an epic kill, fast forward to ~30:00 in.
P.P.S. For those of you that might not know, there is a program which records your LoL replays, and you can watch others'. Heres the Link.

Thanks,
Norak.
[EDIT] 300 upvotes and 33 pages in 3 hours. Certainly an auspicious occasion.
Riot, you can't deny the want.

[EDIT2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexus View Post
Norak, can you please link me your original build? I intend to tweak it for my tourney tomorrow.
3x Flat AP Quints
9x Ap/level blues
9x Ap/level yellows
9x crit chance reds

9/0/21 skip all mana masteries, max out AP mastery at the beginning of Offense.

Start with an Amp tome and a hp pot. Max Q, always, just keep maxing Q. Max E second, only put a point into W at level 8, for the slow.

Play super defensive early on, heal whenever its off cooldown, until you have enough for a needlessly large (preferrably boots aswell). Now your spin 1-hits caster minions.

Farm a **** load from now on.

Item build goes:
Amp tome
Needlessly large
boots
Deathcap
Boots of lucidity
Sheen
Lichbane
Deathfire Grasp

After that its situational:
Phantom Dancer gives you a lot of what you need: Movement speed, crit chance, attack speed.
Void staff if they are building a lot of MR (its best when they have 80 or more)
Zhonyas if they have alot of DPS.
Guardian Angel, if you don't want to die. Ever.
Spirit Visage: Great for heals, cooldown reduction is useless unless you want to sell the lucidity for mercs or sorcerers or something. MR is always nice too.

RIOT RECOGNITION IN DA HOUSE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I'll bring this up to Guinsoo for his ongoing Tryndamere tweak.
[EDIT3] Still answering questions and talking to people who post in the thread, anything to support the AP Trynd cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRage View Post
For those of you that are having issues with LoL Replay:

1. Open where you have your League of Legends.exe downloaded. (Default: C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/solutions/lol_game_client_sln/0.0.0.61/deploy)

2. Copy the .exe and paste it into this directory (default): (C:/Users/"Your Username"/Documents/LoLReplay/data/1.0.0.120)

3. Run the replay, when the program gives you an error and asks if you want to fix it, hit no.

4. ????

5. Profit
Thanks Scorpio for that fix.

[EDIT] New AP Trynd replay now available.

Links:
AP Trynd Replay
LoL Replay Recorder/Player Download
AP Trynd Part 2

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

This is a serious issue Riot

Lotsadots

07-08-2011

Based on your other threads, you have brought up good points in the past. The problem with this one is your issue with a champion thats rarely used, let alone one that goes AP. Riot will certainly not buff SL.

Pulsative

07-08-2011

They need to make hotfix to solve this issue.

Learn to balance Riot, AP Trynd got hit too hard when he didn't even need any nerfs.

Kragorix

07-08-2011

We have to fix this- FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

kokxx

Recruiter

07-08-2011

Well ap tryn is, just like AP yi a fun build, which will not be supported since riot is balancing based on competitive play

Norak

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsadots View Post
Based on your other threads, you have brought up good points in the past. The problem with this one is your issue with a champion thats rarely used, let alone one that goes AP. Riot will certainly not buff SL.
Yeah, I know, but I'm not asking for much, so I'm hoping that its just implemented next patch.

James T Rocket

07-08-2011

The way the game is headed, I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of all ap ratios on all carries. Riot likes homogeneity.

Norak

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokxxx View Post
Well ap tryn is, just like AP yi a fun build, which will not be supported since riot is balancing based on competitive play
I play it competitvely...
Watch the replay, you'll understand what I mean.

D˛uglas

07-08-2011

U ****ing scrub gtfo learn to play a real champ like sorka