Being usefull as Sivir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoomManufact

07-08-2011

pushpushpush
pushpushpush
pushpushpush

HotsauceShoTYME

07-08-2011

Meki is a bad start.
-It lets you push lane unneccessarily
- Your hp is low and your opponent can easily bully you in lane dodging your BB.
- You don't farm as well until it is higher level. You are better off last hitting.
- It builds into nothing useful for her. Chalice is not that useful if you play her right.

Saule

07-08-2011

push.

LOLcone

07-08-2011

i tend to go with more of a surrive abilty build tbh
mandreds bloodrazor
boots
warmogs
bloodthrister
blackcleaver

with this build and a decent team behind u, u can genearlly take out a good chunk of toons. was able to pwn a xin with this build cus he **** burst me fast enough

Aramathia

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsauceShoTYME View Post
Wrong

Sivir is actually borderline OP when played right. She has a natural high base damage when runed and built right you can last hit like a champ without using BB or ricochet.

She can be used as a strong dps support character or primary dps carry and put out a ****load of damage. A big plus is she can push a lane like a son of a *****.

For dps carry go 21/9/0
get flat damage marks and quints
flat armor seals
M pen glyphs
Get dorans blade to start.

Get E/Q/Q/W/Q then level R>Q>W>E. If you get a mage that can spam then level E over w.
You want a solo lane and just focus on last hitting and controlling your lane. Don't worry about using BB to harass unless the enemy exposes themselves. Use BB so you don't stay at full mana but if you just last hit and are good with catching spells with E you don't need mana regen at all and you should be able to lane. The flat armor makes it hard for AD carries to win the lane against you. Don't underestimate the advantage the extra armor the runes and mastery gives you.

Last hitting should be a breeze with this rune/mastery/item setup. You start off hitting minions for 85+.You should get 100+cs in less than 15 minutes easily. This is better than kills you may or may not get.

Build sorceress boots and LW first. Why sorceress boots. Your Q does magic damage but scales off AD. In short you hit carries for alot from the jump with q unless they get MR. In team fights activate ult and ricochet(this is why you level it over E) and hit the closet target. You should be able to stay out of danger unless you can gain a superior position after initiation then merc the carry. Aim your Q at a carry and watch them drop. After LW(for armor pen which you lack) BT is good for pure damage. If you want AS get starks. If you need MR get banshees and magic shield item with damage. For defense against AD sunfire is decent but with a high natural dodge and good farm ability warmogs atma's is not a bad idea totally. Just takes longer to realize the benefit.
Ok for starters, flat damage is for noobs. Damage runes are a waste. One armor piece negates your runes completely. Armor Penetration runes always are 100% effective.

Doran's blade is a pos. The 3% life drain is totally useless. If you're going to take an item for life drain, which is not something you really want to do, anymore, on this champ since it requires enemies to get health back, vampiric staff is a better option, plus you don't have to rid yourself of a useless item and lose the wasted money on it.

Back in the day, sivir was a group killer. I played her then and could kill 5 champs solo. As a carry, her failure to be able to front load damage because she only has 1 active attack skill means enemy carries, who usually have 3 if not 4 active attack skills, can unload on her before she can get the damage done with auto attack. With all the new champs out though, her dps is very lack luster and since she has no form of CC, enemy brawler/tank champs will simply run up and smack her around with out a worry. Enemy carry will out dps her. The fact that she pushes a lane so well works against her making her an easy target for jungle/gank characters. About the only use I have found for her lately is to take teleport and back door the enemy all game long. She does put a tower down pretty quickly but usually dies for doing it.

I suppose you could try a tank sivir so that you can survive long enough to get your ult off and hope your group can take out the enemy with it while you provide minimal damage add but what is the point in that. Garen makes a much better choice for doing something of this nature since his ult is pretty op. Another option would be to load up on dodge runes and take the dodge defensive mastery but you can't dodge Skills, which is how Sivir usually dies.

EDIT** Just checked. Sivir receives 2.9 per level AD increase. The only ranged AD champ that has a lower growth rate is Ashe at 2.85.

HotsauceShoTYME

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramathia View Post
Ok for starters, flat damage is for noobs. Damage runes are a waste. One armor piece negates your runes completely. Armor Penetration runes always are 100% effective.
No it is not. Armor pen is more effective long term but AD runes are better EARLY for last hitting minions. They also make BB hit harder and that is affected by magic pen.

Also notice last whisper is the first item for the armor pen.

Quote:
Doran's blade is a pos. The 3% life drain is totally useless. If you're going to take an item for life drain, which is not something you really want to do, anymore, on this champ since it requires enemies to get health back, vampiric staff is a better option, plus you don't have to rid yourself of a useless item and lose the wasted money on it.
Dorans items are extremely efficient for the gold early. You don't get the blade for the lifesteal, you get it for the HP and damage. The lifesteal is gravy. Vamp as first item is ******ed as you need to auto to get benefit from it.

Quote:
Back in the day, sivir was a group killer. I played her then and could kill 5 champs solo. As a carry, her failure to be able to front load damage because she only has 1 active attack skill means enemy carries, who usually have 3 if not 4 active attack skills, can unload on her before she can get the damage done with auto attack.
BB does a **** ton of damage and prove how she doesn't front load damage as good as another champ.

Quote:
With all the new champs out though, her dps is very lack luster and since she has no form of CC, enemy brawler/tank champs will simply run up and smack her around with out a worry.
Her damage is good and she can outrun most champs unless they build for speed

Quote:
Enemy carry will out dps her.
Not really. Sivir does good damage and since you have armor and a spell shield you can negate and reduce damage

Quote:
The fact that she pushes a lane so well works against her making her an easy target for jungle/gank characters.
I said focus last hitting early you only push a lane when you want to push a lane. This is why you don't use BB early except when you can get a full damage shot on your lane opp. I stated this.

Quote:
About the only use I have found for her lately is to take teleport and back door the enemy all game long. She does put a tower down pretty quickly but usually dies for doing it.
Effective strat when used right and if you use wards she won't die and your team can push another lane.

Quote:
I suppose you could try a tank sivir so that you can survive long enough to get your ult off and hope your group can take out the enemy with it while you provide minimal damage add but what is the point in that.
I said nothing of tank sivir. I said warmog atmas for melee defense but sunfire is more effective sooner. This is after getting some offensive items

Quote:
Garen makes a much better choice for doing something of this nature since his ult is pretty op.
Sivir is ranged dps. Garen is melee bruiser. Apples and oranges

Quote:
Another option would be to load up on dodge runes and take the dodge defensive mastery
If you want. Armor is more effective early on especially considering her passive.

Quote:
but you can't dodge Skills, which is how Sivir usually dies.
Sivir totally has no way to dodge/avoid skills. It would be nice if she had a spell shield wouldn't it?

Quote:
EDIT** Just checked. Sivir receives 2.9 per level AD increase. The only ranged AD champ that has a lower growth rate is Ashe at 2.85.
I said BASE (early) damage not per level.

Since you don't get it I will explain it. This particular build is designed to make your early game much stronger. You farm like mad and if your opponent steps in to harass you, punish them.

Aramathia

07-08-2011

i can see pointing things out to you, that come directly from the devs, is like talking to a brick wall. Go ahead and play your sivir. I'll enjoy the free kills if you are on another team or queue dodge if you are on mine.

Silenc3izGold3n

07-08-2011

lol, flat damage runes isn't noob. i used to believe the same thing until I tried it. i'm not trying to attack the tanks, so I dont care about getting all armor pen marks, quints, and an armor pen item.

I dont know, I suppose I'll try out the armor pen marks again, but it just seems like early game, against another carry (which more than likely you will be laning against), damage runes help me control the lane so i can get enough cs to buy bloodthirster and sword of divine quickly. and SoD gives 30 armor pen + attack speed buff, so i rarely feel the need to get much more.

question, is richochet affected by your armor pen? im not a know it all, im just saying what has been seeming the most effecient for me.

HotsauceShoTYME

07-08-2011

Quote:
i can see pointing things out to you, that come directly from the devs, is like talking to a brick wall.
Examples of what you are talking about please.

HotsauceShoTYME

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenc3izGold3n View Post
lol, flat damage runes isn't noob. i used to believe the same thing until I tried it. i'm not trying to attack the tanks, so I dont care about getting all armor pen marks, quints, and an armor pen item.

I dont know, I suppose I'll try out the armor pen marks again, but it just seems like early game, against another carry (which more than likely you will be laning against), damage runes help me control the lane so i can get enough cs to buy bloodthirster and sword of divine quickly. and SoD gives 30 armor pen + attack speed buff, so i rarely feel the need to get much more.

question, is richochet affected by your armor pen? im not a know it all, im just saying what has been seeming the most effecient for me.

Armor pen on items like LW and Brut affect rico. On hit procs like cleaver don't affect ricochet.