Being usefull as Sivir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3 Inches

07-08-2011

I tried to play her a bit the other day and she just seems to get trampled on. Her range is so small might as well be a melee champ. How does one build sivir? Also how do you push like she is supposed to while laning against another ranged who out ranges her?

LolManny

07-08-2011

She is an incredible pusher and just needs practice to work with. Her Q has incredible range and is great for harassing those with longer range. For the most part, you should abuse the E because its ability to attack multiple enemies is extremely valuable.

mashiu

07-08-2011

In team fights, you turn ricochet on and attack their tank. The bouncing stars will eventually hit the enemy carry. It's much too dangerous to chase and hunt down enemy carry.

MuffinButtonYay

07-08-2011

Level Boomerang Blade first. The burst from it will usually scare away any overly aggressive ranged, especially if the blade doesn't pass through any minions first. Once you have a few points in Ricochet, you'll be able to outpush anyone barring maybe Mordekaiser. If you're really having trouble, getting Philo Stone and then a Vamp Scepter will allow you to stay in the lane forever.

srutherford1172

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Inches View Post
I tried to play her a bit the other day and she just seems to get trampled on. Her range is so small might as well be a melee champ. How does one build sivir? Also how do you push like she is supposed to while laning against another ranged who out ranges her?
sivir is one of the best ranged charecters out there, you have to give her some mana regen though because her normal attack is not that long ranged (unless you have the bounce ability active then that can become useful agianst groups of minions and for hittint an opponent thru a group of minions (it will bounce from target to target doing damage to all of them). the main thing you want to build with sivir is physical damage (or critical percentage can work pretty much the same) use her ult with groups of mininons or other champions to a. take down turrets, b. run after the enemy who is running away from you with low health, c. retreat faster than they can chase you, or d. to turn the tide for the whole team during a team battle (her ult increases all of her nearby alli's attack speed and movement speed) When playing Sivir, build the "q" attack first, this gives you a lot of range, but watch your mana. I hope this helped a little, good luck with Sivir

Etherimp

07-08-2011

Build her just like you would Caitlyn.

Boots + Pots -> BF Sword or Zeal -> BloodThirster -> Phantom Dancer -> Infinity Edge -> Last Whisper -> Madreds Bloodrazor

Alternatively you could build a Starks Fervor for the Aura, and a Black Cleaver for the Debuff. This would put her in more of a "support" role, but she would deal less damage.

Level her W first followed by Q. Get at least one point in E so you can block spells... LEARN TO BLOCK SPELLS.

Get Teleport and Flash or Ghost.

Runes - Red Armor Pen, Quint Armor Pen, Blue and Yellow it's up to you.. Some combination of Attack Speed, Attack Damage, Mana Regen, Health.

Your job in the game is to push towers and run away.. When teamfights start, you come in 1/2 way through, turn on W, blow your ultimate, and make sure noone on their team escapes.

Silenc3izGold3n

07-08-2011

Sivir is a champ I've recently tried out (for the past 30 or so matches?) and experimented a lot with. She has always been one of my favorites, but even I viewed her as kinda crappy...my opinion has changed somewhat.

She will have mana issues. Her range isn't good. She has no crowd control.

Big weaknesses that have to be addressed in order for her to compete.

Don't look at guides, because they almost all advocate starting with chalice or, god forbid, manamune, which costs a fair amount of gold in return for almost no damage initially (I understand manamune eventually does good damage, but are we really building for when we hit level 18 to be an impact?).

I'll just make this short, as I could go through my entire build and tell you why but it would take too long (also saw another sivir player with my item build but obviously not my runes, but her build was still good/decent).

I address her mana issues with per level mana regen blues and yellows. She has little range and thus needs some damage outright (in my opinion) early game in order to dominate her lane, I run attack damage reds and quint's.

For masteries I go enough in the defensive tree to get max level of vetern scars, and go enough in utility to get max level of mana regen and buffs.

I take flash/teleport as my summoners and start with a dorans blade. This puts me at a little over 600 life and a little over 70 damage starting. Those stats are good enough to handle ALMOST anyone mid. I have had problems against vayne as she doesn't really spam anything you can block, and her silver bullets will still out damage you. Against vayne, I would be tempted to start with cloth+5rp.

My core item build would be rush blood thirster after beserker boots and another doran blade if need be. Then get sword of divine. So when late game starts, your items will probably be...Doran Blade x2, beserker boots, BT, SoD. Your damage will be good. Now that late game is here, I try to get frozen mallet for the slow and life. Sivir needs a slow to keep targets from just running away, or to be able to run away. After mallet, game should be over, but if it isn't, just throw an atmas in there and you will be good to go.

DO NOT FORGET TO CUT SWORD OF DIVINE ON WHEN YOU FIGHT OR YOU ARE WASTING A GREAT ITEM.

Chingmeister

07-08-2011

I think of Sivir as tank that lanes as ranged and build her similiar to Garen. Flat damage red/quints and mana regen/lvl blue and yellow for early lane presence, leveling boomerang or ricochet first depending on opponents.

2x DB Mercs, 2x DB, Atmas. Then switch out the DB 1 by 1 for warmogs.

concretebuddha

07-08-2011

Level Q and E until maxed. Get good with these.
Buy a Meki pendant + 2 hps to start
Buy a chalice
Buy all AD items since they boost your Q (which is your teamfight poke), and your ult is an attack speed boost. I start with bloodthirster + inf edge, then it varies depending on enemy team comp. (Phantom dancer is fine when you are rich and want to be speedier).

Do not level W until late game. You have no control over the bounce, so most likely you are going to push the lane and leave yourself exposed in enemy territory. Learn to last hit like everyone else, unless you actually want to push the lane, then just use Q.

Why I prefer E over W is simple: it's a banshees veil at L2. But why maxed? Simple: you want the 10 sec cd. Nothing more enjoyable than surviving a karthus ult, for example.

Don't listen to the "you don't need a chalice" crowd. You're range is too short to not rely heavily on Q and E in teamfights, and to be sustainable, you MUST have mana regen. You can't spend 120 + 75 mana every 9 and 10 seconds without it. (Plus the 6 mana every attack at later levels when you do actually want to use W.)

Jpeg

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Inches View Post
sivir bad, re-roll