Sivir; The Weakest Link

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooglefrooglian

07-08-2011

When I play Sivir, I see a creep wave coming at me and in two seconds it's gone. The only champ who comes close to that is Mordekaiser, and he has to wait for the creeps to bunch up.

As for mana, don't leave Ricochet on 24/7 and you'll fine your mana is actually okay! Alternatively, mana regen runes.

That said, she's boring.

sehakoziel

07-08-2011

I agree with the the OP. I find she is still viable, and I can make her work pretty well. However, I have to work very hard to get any gains out of her compared to say ... any other carry. I think she needs to have some cdr and mana costs reduced.

First: Boomerang:
The damage scaling was reduced big time on this, so it's time they removed the exponential decay. If they don't remove the exponential decay, then they should return the scaling to what it once was. I can watch my Boomerang go through the creeps and hit the champion and do essentially 0 dmg.

On top of the dmg issues, it is slow and the cost is very high as was mentioned. All things considered, it is probably the hardest spell in the game to harass with now. You have to be insanely good with it to get any rewards at all. I wouldn't have a problem with this, except champions like Karthus exist who can spam their q over and over and over with 0 skill until eventually they catch you with one.

Second: Spell Shield:
It has way too high of a cdr. I love this spell, but it only blocks one spell, and I am pretty sure every other spell in the game has a lower cdr by at least half until it reaches level 5. Thus, you shield the first spell (with great timing and skill I might add), and then they just spam it three more times while your shield is coming back up and guess what? You still get nuked to hell. By level 3 it has an almost reasonable cdr, but really they just need to adjust the cdr over all on this ability.

Passive:
Garbage passive. Arguably the worst in the game. Unnoticeable, and utterly useless. Just get her a new passive already.

Ult:
Has some power, but needs to be looked at again, it is definitely out classed now.

Overall:
Her value is in the fact that she can farm much better than most carries, but good luck having a situation where you can stand idle and use your ricochet to benefit from this (the higher in ranked you go, the less likely you can stand still even for a second). Sivir does still hold a niche, but with the invent of Noc with a spell shield and a 3 second cc, she is looking really really out classed. Please look at this champion and make her useful again so people don't laugh at me for using her -_-.

Note: They don't even queue dodge, they just laugh and say 'gg, I gotta see how noob this Sivir is'.

Stez007

07-08-2011

They should just remove Sivir from the game, and see how the meta changes.

Oh wait, it won't. At all. In fact, I don't think anyone would notice. Riot definitely wouldn't, as they haven't commented on any Sivir threads in the past few months.

MarcusGraves

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
They should just remove Sivir from the game, and see how the meta changes.

Oh wait, it won't. At all. In fact, I don't think anyone would notice. Riot definitely wouldn't, as they haven't commented on any Sivir threads in the past few months.
ya it makes me sad they haven't said a thing for her lately. theres almost as many buff sivir threads as there are panth ones and they've already commented on panth getting his buffs soon :/

1vhuZ71qkXu6AkRT

07-08-2011

i like sivir i dont think she is up,most games i play with her i get feeded and win

(just be mid and buy 2-3 dorans at start and you will be fine)

De4thw0lf

07-08-2011

Before my half year brake I used to play her often, even after the range nerf on her auto attack.

She used to be one of the best mid laners in the league.

I played her running heal and rally (when rally had a heal effect) rushing challice, starks, phantom as core build.

Its not just the nerfbat, the power of new champs, its also the changes to rally (its useless now) and phantom dancer (which makes her passive useless now) why she lifes on the edge.

I mean she was never considered as a real carry, she was never meant to be ganker, she was meant to be the one who shines in team fights and those she did more then well on the build I've been runing....

but now....

let me compare her to another recommended champ, even so those 2 are totaly different by playstyle...

Nunus W is somehow a 24/7 version of sivirs ulti on 1/3 of your team.
Nunus E is so much more herassing and fearsome then Sivirs Q and he can spam it without mana reg due to his passive and even those is something Sivir would dream about
last but not least Nunus Q is 10 times more worthy then a single spellblock every now and then...

Actually I brought up Nunu here cuz of his W I mean wtf is this???
when u use it on your carry its almost as useful as Sivirs ulti.... common this gotta be a joke

this is not meant to say Nunu is to strong imho he is one of the most balanced champs ever... its about to show how useless Sivir is when someone whit a totaly different role will do nearly everything she does similar or better - poor Battle(?) Mistress

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Sivir's only real issue is no cc if that. You really don't need to buy mana items unless you can't help constantly spamming, I do or don't get manamune or chalice depending on how I feel like playing/building but plenty of times I just go for BF sword and say **** mana. Sivir is an insanely good laner due to spell shield and BB. Just use BB when they try to attack you and block their harrass with spell shield. Plus you can harrass with ricochet if they stand behind minions although it's not reliable. I'd like Sivir's ultimate to be slightly buffed, but the fact that it boost minion waves is severely underrated. I can 2v1 a lot of champs with her and a super minion wave believe it or not. Also movement speed isn't only for running away, it kinda trips me out how you said that. Movement speed is useful for chasing and rushing minions to turrets/structures too.

Icarus108

07-08-2011

Sivir is UP? I'm not sure what you are talking about. Sivir is excellent and balanced. The only thing wrong with her is her passive but you didn't even mention that. I excel with sivir all the time. Do you take her mid? That's her best lane position imo. I can easily go 10+/0/x in any game. Her boomerang blade is a fantastic nuke, her w is one of her best features that lets her farm so well, her e is superb when placed in mid with an annie or other caster, her R is a great ult it alllows her to catch up to or run away from an enemy. If you can't use her all that well then obviously you aren't using her right. If you want to see just add me and ill do a 1v1 against you to show you her power.

1vhuZ71qkXu6AkRT

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by De4thw0lf View Post
Before my half year brake I used to play her often, even after the range nerf on her auto attack.

She used to be one of the best mid laners in the league.

I played her running heal and rally (when rally had a heal effect) rushing challice, starks, phantom as core build.

Its not just the nerfbat, the power of new champs, its also the changes to rally (its useless now) and phantom dancer (which makes her passive useless now) why she lifes on the edge.

I mean she was never considered as a real carry, she was never meant to be ganker, she was meant to be the one who shines in team fights and those she did more then well on the build I've been runing....

but now....

let me compare her to another recommended champ, even so those 2 are totaly different by playstyle...

Nunus W is somehow a 24/7 version of sivirs ulti on 1/3 of your team.
Nunus E is so much more herassing and fearsome then Sivirs Q and he can spam it without mana reg due to his passive and even those is something Sivir would dream about
last but not least Nunus Q is 10 times more worthy then a single spellblock every now and then...

Actually I brought up Nunu here cuz of his W I mean wtf is this???
when u use it on your carry its almost as useful as Sivirs ulti.... common this gotta be a joke

this is not meant to say Nunu is to strong imho he is one of the most balanced champs ever... its about to show how useless Sivir is when someone whit a totaly different role will do nearly everything she does similar or better - poor Battle(?) Mistress
STOP COMPARING SKILLS!!!
dont compare skills you compare champs not skills nunu is a tank/melee caster
and sivir is carry/pusher it not the same

HEY let compare udyr to ashe udyr stun do 1 sec and ashe 3-5 then it mean ashe op

Best Zod NA

07-08-2011

Quote:
Getting mana from a successful Spell Shield is like getting coal for Christmas then learning you are homeless because Boomerang Blade destroyed your house.
Ha, best.