Suggestion: Matchmaking.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feird

09-05-2009

1. Dont let someone play a real game until they do 10 practice matches.

2. Sort it through brackets via win/loss ratio.

3. Vote Kick, If a person is 5 deaths under, a vote kick prompt will come up. If 3 out of 5 vote kick, he's gonzo.

Irony

09-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felfire View Post

3. Vote Kick, If a person is 5 deaths under, a vote kick prompt will come up. If 3 out of 5 vote kick, he's gonzo.
Isn't it already sorted through win/loss/leave ratio?

10 Practice games seems a bit much, I'd say after a tutorial has been completed

AquaBlue

09-05-2009

Bots are not similar to human players. They don't run away immediately. They don't help out in ganks. Forcing someone to play 10 practice matches would just be a waste of time as they join in a real game and realize their tactics hold no ground at all.
Just because a person is 5 deaths under doesn't mean you should kick him. I'm sure everybody wants to win but unless you give a person time to learn a new hero in the top tiers of gameplay they are going to get locked down to only playing 1 hero, otherwise Joe,Jill, and Jim are going to kick him out of a game for not knowing what to do.
However diving by win loss ratio might be a valid point.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-05-2009

Alternative: Match first game players with only other first 3 game players.

Match people only with people within 3 or 4 skill levels of them (also apply normal matchmaking).

Then for level 30s (most people) keep the normal system.

OR

Require, or suggest, at least, for a first time player (no played matches) to play one or two games versus bots. Based on the outcome of those one or two games, THEN a ROUGH rating is determines - so at the very least someone who has never touched a MOBA before will be playing against similar people, and the former DotA pros who have an idea what they're doing will be matched against similar.

Shillen

09-05-2009

Quote:
5 deaths under what? Kill blows? That's a meaningless stat if I ever saw one.

KuraM

09-05-2009

10 practice matches? gtfo, when they introduce ranked matches itll fix everything..

Jeejington

09-05-2009

Quote:

1. Practice matches didn't prepare me at all. Sure I knew some heroes better than I would have, but the first few games, I still got raped.

2. Agreed.

3. No. Everyone has bad games, and shouldn't be kicked or penalized for having a bad game, or even for sucking.

OrangeThrower

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2009

Practice games? no. If anything make it like Starcraft Ladder. Have to play 10 regular games before you do ranked games.

Vote kicking is stupid. And can be abused in AT games where 2-4 people queued together.

BEST HOTWINGS NA

10-23-2012

yes