New Free Champions (Week 21)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Operation CWAL

04-15-2010

When you kiddos get out of Newbie Island, you wouldn't even complain about free champion week.

I go against Blitz, Jax, TF, Kennen, and Fiddles every match.

Get used to it.

Skeith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faitox View Post
I don't know why (almost)everyone is always complaining about the free champions, being OP, or annoying or whatever. I'm personally much more worried when i see someone using a champ which is not free, couse chances are, he will probably be much better than someone checking out a champ he hasn't played before (or has played only a few matches with it).

As some summoners have pointed out, this is a game of skill, there is no such thing as OP champions. In any case, you could say there are OP Summoners. People who buys items accordingly to the enemies strong and weak points, who doesn't engage when at disadvantage, who knows when to disengage, how to lure, how to ambush, when to jungle, when to push, call it's MIA, rembembers the enemies summoner spells and acts accordingly, etc.

Those are the summoners who will roflstomp you and your team, with any champion.

My advise to people out there afraid of "OP Champs" is: just pick one champion, the one you like, you enjoy using, you think is hottest, whatever you reasons are. Just pick one, and play with it for 1 week straight, i assure you will get much more wins than looses.
Yes, almost everything that you said is right, but i think that there are some OP champions. Of course there is always a way to counter the enemy, like you said. Nice post

Priamos

04-15-2010

Zilean is great during the laning phase, but after that, he really isn't too great unless he happens to be totally fed during laning, in which case his Time Bombs can drop 40% of a squishy's health easily.

Zaughlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2010

was there a free week with kennen since he came out that i missed ? or did he go strait to dvd with no release in theaters? or is next seek that, just there was a few weeks of downtime between release and free-try out?

(i like the idea of the week a champion coming out them being free = ppl testing him out before buying, especially when they cost like 6k, though it does lead to seeing them in EVERY game and even some ppl leaving game Q's cause they didnt get them)

Machinas

04-15-2010

Nope, there's one next week according to the Riot staff though.

Dewaholic

04-15-2010

very well put Faitox!

Chadwicks

04-15-2010

week 22 wierd line up

newsca

Recruiter

04-15-2010

Blitzcrank and Singed, how far will I go?

KungPaoChicken

04-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaughlin View Post
was there a free week with kennen since he came out that i missed ? or did he go strait to dvd with no release in theaters? or is next seek that, just there was a few weeks of downtime between release and free-try out?

(i like the idea of the week a champion coming out them being free = ppl testing him out before buying, especially when they cost like 6k, though it does lead to seeing them in EVERY game and even some ppl leaving game Q's cause they didnt get them)
The point of that is to get people to buy him with cash first, some people will spend the money to get him now without trying him out and rather they like him or not theyre stuck with it. then after that phase is over they make him free for a week so that the people that wouldnt buy him w/o trying him 1st can make up their mind. if he was free right off the bat they couldnt sucker some ppl out of their money. not that i think theres anything wrong with that, its business and u get what u paid for.

GaruYenZ

04-16-2010

I still don't understand it...

When will those champions be available ? I've been play for 4 days and nothing is there for free...

I want Teemo and Kennen...

Help me, please '-'