Y do people suck with panth?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pig of denmark

07-08-2011

i dont bother with last whisper really unless they have a tank....and yes heartseeker is the first thing i level to 5 after having everything else at 1.......does so much damage that people underestimate it

MonsterMatt1010

07-08-2011

Runes:
ArPen reds, HP yellow, CDR blue, HP quints

Masteries:
21/6/3

Summoner spells:
Ignite & Exhaust

Skill order:
W > Q > Q > E > W > R > W > W > Q > W > R > E > Q > E > Q > R > E > E

Build:
Meki + 2 pots
Boots of Lucidity
Brutalizer (SotO -> Brutalizer if I'm dominating)
Warmog
Atma's Impaler
Finish Ghostblade
Infinity edge
if you don't have SotO, sell meki and build LW/BV/whatever fits

Tactics:
Early game, use Q to harass and farm. You're going to want to be pretty aggressive, favoring shutting the enemy out of his farm over focusing on your own. Pantheon can set up a pretty decent zone against a squishy champ. At level 3 or 4, you'll be capable of getting kills on champs at or around 50% health (which you've hopefully harassed them down to). In fights, forget about E for now unless you need that one last tick of damage now. Q -> W -> Q and AA in between while things are on cooldown. With Boots and Brutalizer, Q is down right spamable and provides pretty solid damage.

As soon as you get your ult, start looking to gank other lanes. Coordination with teammates is key in this. Drop your ult just a little behind the enemy and have your allies attack a second or two after you start the channel. This should pretty much be a guaranteed kill if your allies have any kind of significant CC.

Team fights are tricky with Panth. What you don't want to do is just blindly rush at the carries unless they are low health and/or out of position. Pantheon requires patience and an good eye to wait and find those openings where he'll get in, do his damage, and get out. Until you find that opening, you're job is protecting squishies. Panth makes an excellent body guard.

Another good strategy for team fights is to use your ult so the circle appears to the enemy just after the fight starts. People tend to panic when they realize they're fight in the middle of it and teams tend to scatter, exposing squishies and putting people out of position.

Late game, once your E hits 4 or 5 and you get a couple more damage items, it becomes a pretty solid source of damage. Now you can start using the W->E combo consistently. Squishies will pretty much just melt

Mike1234545

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Because you touch yourself at night.

Kallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Start by going towards Manamune, stops ALL of his mana problems plus gives him some extra attack, then Ninja Tabi since their cheap and give him some much needed defence. Based on the team and how well your going start building either a last whisper or some form of defence item. After that pick whatever suits the situation best.

That's how I play him anyhow.

IAmTheOneWhoNocs

07-08-2011

yeah everygame i play pantheon i win and im fed he doesnt need a buff this is my build
dorans blade
boots of speed
dorans blade
brutalizer
boots of speed
youmusghostblade
bloodthirster
good game lol
name is dogsinatas look at match history

Emilio7

07-09-2011

stop buying youmus is my recommendation most of the time it gives u little to no dmg plus the cd reduction is not worth it. Youmus is better replaced by a phantom dancer.

Shadow Rush x3

07-09-2011

main problem is his ult. i did decent in an all random game with him. his cc is laughable. i was playing as karthus and a pantheon 10/22/12 lost me the game. while everyone else was level 18, he was level 14, despite never being afk. the enemy who had to go afk still owned him. the problem is that his ult makes him vulnerable while casting, reveals where he is going, and takes to long to get there. by the time that he finally lands, he is either ganked and owned, or has missed the enemy completely. tf gets a tele that reveals all enemies, and shen can turn a losing fight with his ult. as for a build:

boots: he is fast, so i reccomend the merc treads for added mr and tenacity

he is mana relient, as that is the only way he get damage enemies without putting himself in danger: suggestion: manumue

once you get manumue, i suggest brutalizer to reduce cds, gain penetration, and increase your damage output

infinity edge: allows you to kill people who are at low health really quickly

trinity force: surprisingly good for him. gives him a bit more cc, makes him really fast, helps with manumue, and allows him to do more damage overall.

finally get a BV for protection. that or a starks for lifesteal, and a chance to lower the enemies armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio7 View Post
plz if anyone is currently doing good with pantheon tell me.

Post ur build for him, comment if u think he is up or op i think i know y people cant play him,
also i wouldn't mind a pantheon buff

Roganox

07-09-2011

I think i'm good enough( if u want to check stat i play on EU,played panth 2 times this far).For the build it's pretty obvius:Q,W,E,E,E,R,E,Q,E,Q,R,Q,Q,W,W,R,W,W and items:meki pedant+ 2 hp pots,boots and brutalaizer before i upgrade them,then upgrade boots,IE,(u'll prob finish the game now,bu if u don't)BT,BT(never gone this far),Phantom dancer(i guess,can't think of anything else,but if u don't finish by this time u'll prob lose)
For the guy above ult is fine, learn to sue it...His E is to weak thou and it whould be nice that W scales with AD and making Q work with hit effects(like the red buff) and maybe even making his E and Q able to crit( i know this is tooooooooooo much, but i can dream )

angrymexican

07-09-2011

whenver i play mundo i do whatever i can to take less damage from his teamtes and get that free kill that panth is i mean il have a ton of hp and be able to dish out some major damage with my spells pantehon is the guy that begs to be eaten for cause so manny n00bs that play him dont get what he begs for HP!!!!!!!!! pantehon begs for hp but poeple never give him any which makes him a free kill the only time he can get a kill is if he goes into finisheh off a enemy or tower hugs or killsteals pantehon begs for a buff to manny n00bs dont give him hp

Boomstick II

07-09-2011

ghostblade
frozen mallet
atma's
bloodthirster
last whisper
merc treads

use armor pen marks, mana regen/level seals, magic resist/level glyphs, movespeed or armor pen quints ( i use 2 ArP and one MS, I only have 2 ArP right now )

build order usually goes something like...
longsword + hp pot
brutalizer, boots 1
BF sword, phage
merc treads
rest of the order depends on what you need
if you're getting killed a lot, start on your atmas or frozen heart (frozen heart if lots of ap, atmas if more ad at the time) then finish ghostblade at some point

if you use youmuus and chase someone they will not get away from you due to your frozen heart and high movespeed with youmuus. also, don't use HSS too much, your spear throw is much better. stun to cancel channel ults and to stop people for a second. HSS is only use situationally (but get 1 point in it at level 2 for the 100% crit under 15% hp). max spear, then get your stun to 1.1 sec stun, then you can level up HSS if you'd like. take your ult whenever you can, and use it often.

just for clarification, skill order -> Q,E,Q,W,Q,R then continue to max Q, then get W to at least 3 and the rest is up to you.