Revert Fiddle's ult charge time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

Currently, its pretty ridiculous.
I don't mind the other changes. If they wanted to, they can even buff his other skills since his basic kit is relatively lackluster.
Hes fragile and incredibly dependent on his Drain not being interrupted. And against any half-way competent team, it is going to get interrupted since it takes so long.

But his ult is completely different. It does an incredible amount of damage relatively quickly. And unlike other AoE spells, its not reliant on CC and cannot be countered by tenacity. Its just pure crazy damage. And unlike most other casters, his ultimate gets stronger as the game progresses on.
There isn't enough unique magic resistance items in the game to counter what a Void Staff and 15% magic penetration can do. Even if someone got to 300 MR, it goes to about 100 after counting Mpen and Abyssal.

It used to be that with good ward placement and communication, a team can hunt out an ulting Fiddlesticks and at the very least distract him long enough for the rest of the team to do something without getting vaporized instantaneously.
Or say an Amumu ults. With Merc, you can still stop the Fiddle's ult before it happens or at the very least have time to run.
But now, a Amumu can ult and have Fiddle charge up during it. Unless he is dealt with IMMEDIATELY (almost completely impossible unless Alistar/Singed was standing right next to Fiddle at the time) he is definitely going to get his ult off and your team is definitely going to take massive amounts of damage.

The other way to stop him is to kill him so fast his ult does no damage. Possible...if Zhonyas didn't exist. Which is, again, why his ult is so insane at late game, where stacking MR can be easily countered with simple items and Fiddle's being able to afford Zhonyas.

So please, revert the timer back to 2 seconds. It ult in itself was absolutely fine before they drastically changed Fiddlesticks (the 2-4-6-8-10 bounce to 5 bounce, the lowered drain return, etc). It was because of the nerfs to his basic kit that players thought he was lackluster. His ult had nothing to do with it. Currently, it is just too good and WAY too much guaranteed crazy damage.

TL;DR : Increase charge time back to 2 seconds for ultimate. Buff his basic kit instead.

Urek Mazin0

07-05-2011

the champion is OK man, people picks it having that in mind. you said it yourself he is very squishy so if your team is solid, either you interrupt when he is channeling or nuke him after he ports. it's that simple. now that if you fed him before, then it's your fault since as yous said it. his basic skills are lacking so how are you gonna fed him before he gets ulty?

thelost1

07-05-2011

in most games fiddles is and early game caster late game he is weak compare fiddles to vlad swain or any other decent AP and fiddles is lacking alot ive seen so so so many fiddles jump into a fight before he gets his 2nd damage wave off he is nuked dead. 1 on 1 early is the only time he shines let him have it

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelost1 View Post
in most games fiddles is and early game caster late game he is weak compare fiddles to vlad swain or any other decent AP and fiddles is lacking alot ive seen so so so many fiddles jump into a fight before he gets his 2nd damage wave off he is nuked dead. 1 on 1 early is the only time he shines let him have it
You didn't read my post.
Fiddle isn't all that great a 1v1 caster in the first place. Like I said, he is completely reliant on the opponent having no CC. And there are significantly superior 1v1 casters such as Swain, LB and the like.

And I'm talking about his ult. The last time I checked, Fiddlesticks doesn't use his ult in 1v1 situations, ever.

Again, read my post first. If you can't, read the abridged TL;DR. If you can't even do that, then don't post on forums.

Prometheius

07-05-2011

Karth has Fiddle's ulti as a normal.

It also lasts longer, can't be stopped, and persists after death. He also doesn't need to channel it.

kavinh the third

07-05-2011

well besides his fear he can't stop u i usually see ppl escape from a fiddle ult by flashing or ghosting since fiddle's pretty slow and running into the enemy pretty much gets him focus fired and shot down.

Lúst

07-06-2011

exhaust.

Giltia Zero

07-06-2011

I agree with this thread. While I completely disagree that Fiddlesticks needs MORE nerfs than he's already been beaten with, what Riot is doing is trying to placate us over their butchery of a beloved scarecrow character with insufficient, weak buffs to all the wrong areas.

Kittybat

07-06-2011

And then people remembered that Exhaust was remade into something that completely handles the job.