@Riot about Champion Updates/Remakes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Kassad

07-05-2011

Question: Would Riot ever update or change a champion for thematic reasons, not just for balance?

Since the game has progressed, new champions seem to be more thematically focused than some of the old ones, who often have VERY simple abilities. (Example: Shen's Feint). Would Riot ever edit an old champion like Zilean or Shen to make the champion more interesting/thematic, or are they only saving changes for balance purposes?

Everybody who wants to know the answer: Post something or thumbs up and maybe we can get a red to respond!

P.S.Thumbs up doesn't have to mean you want these changes, just that you want Riot to say something!

zezey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

I agree.

Prince Kassad

07-05-2011

For example, and I'm not suggesting they do this, but would they ever do something like:
-make Nidalee be able to jungle? (she is from the jungle)
-give Kennen or Shen some form of stealth? (seems weird 2 ninjas don't have it)
-make Taric or Kayle tankier just because they look like they should be?
-make Katarina AD because she throws swords around?

Obviously these changes would be met with a lot of hate because these champs are all beloved...But I can't help but think that if they released any of these champions today they would all have these changes. I'm saying this because the newer champions seem to be thought out more and their stats/playstyle seem to match up better with their themes.

deathheart61

07-05-2011

id like a slight remake to shen.....to me a tanky ninja is weird because there suppose to be stealthy not dive in and take a lot of dmg...and making nid able to jungle would be pretty awesome

Prince Kassad

07-06-2011

I can even think of a lot of ways to make Shen more ninja-like without making him not a tank...They could have him scale with dodge, give him a short stealth after/during his ultimate, give him some sort of immunity to unit collision... I'm not saying they should do this, or that he needs a buff.

Just asking: would they ever make a change like this to have an outdated champion make better sense?