[Guide]Shaco, the killed of Squishies! (With Commentary Video

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J Belern

04-19-2010

Jitb has its uses, mainly as a scouting tool and a fearing tool. To rely on it for damage you need to deal with 2 problems.

A) the AP ratio is really bad
B) you need to go ap, forgoing the 2 more useful skills

The biggest problem with jack in the box is that you cant really control the flow of battle. Even with good placement, the enemy has to run into it.

I go AD and decieve / 2shiv because it lets you control the flow of battle by allowing you to choose when to initiate. you can capitalize on the opponents mistakes, whether it be blowing a cooldown or over extending.

The burst is also 10 times higher with decieve/2shiv than with Jitb, and late game the dmg from Jitb is negligible

I dont get it till I absolutely have to, but once i do get it i place one every time its up

Jai Huynh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-20-2010

Quote:
Jitb hahs its uses, mainly as a scouting tool and a fearing tool
I typed alot, but it got erased cause of the login problems, so i'm gunna cut it down.
JitB is pretty cool when its maxed out early game (115+1per4 AP) as damage. Nearly one bar of health each hit. 7 hits per box (about 1.250 attack speed) and fearing the target. You can stack a few in the enemy's jungle, and catch a lucky wanderer without even being there. But it is useless late game as they all have high HP and your AP will be low (If you go AD)

Quote:
A) the AP ratio is really bad
B) you need to go ap, forgoing the 2 more useful skills
Your throwing knife is scaled 1:1 AP ratio
Your Jitb is scaled 1:4 AP ratio
I forget what the ultimate is scaled by cause I never really tried exploding next to them xD
So if your mid game, the tanks have 2.5k HP, Squishie DPS has 1.5k, you have 400 AP. Scaling that, you would have 115+100 damage on each shot for your Jitb (two bars per hit) and 600 damage for your Dagger (6 MFing bars). With lich bane, put down a JitB before throwing your dagger for 400 AP more (1100 Damage because Lich Bane adds 100% AP on your next Ability.. so 11 Bars of HP.)
But then again, AD Shaco could chop down 1100 Health in a few hits and killing them faster, but it's alot more risky.

Jai Huynh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2010

Update

Changed Item build from Sheen to Brutilizer (If you don't want to get Trinity force late late game).

roflcopter77

Banned

05-16-2010

Hey, my build, which works wonders for me is

1.vampiric scepter (into a malady)
2.2 daggers (also into that malady)
3. malady
4. Boots of swiftness (can be bought in parts)
5. Executioner's calling
6Infinity edge (priorities go BF sword, cloak of agility, pickaxe
7 starks fervor
(by now the game usually ends, if not)
8. wits end/bloodrazor/bloodthirster (depending whether a mage/tank/DPS is annoying you the most

Jai Huynh

Recruiter

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter77 View Post
3. malady
That's already where you're going wrong. You should rethink getting Malady and maybe swap it out with a Last Whisper or the Ghostblade (that new item is pretty amazing. 30 damage, 15% crit, active for move and attack speed. Passive for armor pen. Oh man. it's pretty nice)

Lawful

05-21-2010

The enemies you were fighting against were obviously in low elo, make more level 1 accounts to play against noobs please, lol

Come back when you have a actual video against high elo lv30 players to back up your guide, and last hitting minions with shiv? talk about wasting mana, thats about it how far i watched the video, it was obviously not worth even bothering with.

Its funny how you make a shen with your build when you don't have JBT maxed assap, are you actually considering using deceive to deal damage? get real please, deceive is practically useless pre level 3 and you will be eaten in high elo if you deceive behind someone with shaco unless your certain that you can lasthit him on spot, but gladly there are no such idiots in High elo to stay far from their tower with low health while having a shaco on lane and being alone.

Naphtal

Recruiter

05-28-2010

@jai: according to your video and your guide you opt to go for 2shiv at lvl1 w/ ability tome and pot. you can expect to 2shiv 3-4 times before you become low on mana. and since you didnt go for lvl1 box, you cant get the golem buff.(yes you can get it at lvl2 but you'd waste a lot of time setting it up) so once your low on mana what do you do? just stand in lane and last hit like every other melee. while you get harassed by ranged champs. if you went for crystal and boxes you'd be able to spam the dagger at lvl2 without care. and you'd be 1 level ahead of everyone else cuz you just killed the golem. after the buff runs out you can utilize your large mana pool to maintain your 2shiving.

if the enemy walks by along w/ 2 of his buddies while you've only setup 2 of your boxes. he wont be eating anything except you and bonus firstblood gold.

reread the item description of sheen. it adds 80% BASE dmg. meaning thats your normal attack without items.

your supposed combo also fails to take into account the possibility that they can fight back. if and when they actually fight back. they'll be aiming at the red glowing shaco, especially in team fights. and also your combo fails to take into account that sheen has a cooldown. you can probly proc it twice in your combo and thats it. the dec hit and shiv hit. if you box the 3secs would still CD
if you ulti you'll be clearly seen.

@Espionage: hp doesn't matter if the enemy decides to burst your ass down. 500 hp ryze, annie, veigar, ezreal, zilean. can and probly will take out your 1500hp shaco. if you decide to image up they can easily go for the red glowing shaco.

Jai Huynh

Recruiter

05-30-2010

@lawful

Did you bother to check my account level on the Pvp.net client? Seriously. Check it? i am not a level 1. You can clearly see the name and account I used in my video. There is a button in the bottom left where when you click it, it gives you an option to search a summoner's profile.

Anywho, Why the hell would AD Shaco get Jitb first. Sheen effects base damage and Shaco's base damage is around 70. This video was obv low elo. You don't need to be captain obvious to point that out. Last hit minions with your Shiv if you can't slash them. Your fking enemy won't let you stand there and farm.

@naphtal

I am going to change up this build and make a new video, mainly because I can see some flaws in the Sheen and going Ability Tome first.

I don't know why I didn't grab the golem buff in this video. kind of ******ed of me.

If your setting up for the Golem, just stay inside the brush. Pop out to put one down and go back in. If they come when you have 2 or 3, you can run. If you have 6 set up for the golem, then you can easily draw first blood along with their buddies.

The Sheen's cooldown, i believe, is actually broken. I can put it up way more times than 1 per 3 sec. But i've tried my new rounds without sheen and it's actually been going better.

AoiAoi

06-16-2010

its a good build but i think that you will benefit more from madreds bloodrazor if you rush it first. MBR + hallucinate is tank nom nom nom time think 4% hp in magic damage times 2 with your ult. dceive pop ult. thats 8% per attack with the ult out + the actual damage so you can hit them hard and fast

AoiAoi

06-16-2010

try my build if you like
1 madreds blood razor
2 zerk grieves/ ninja tabi/ merc treads situational
3 malady for attack speed and lifesteal/ can also be substitued with last whisper depending on your enemy
4 rush phantom dancer
5 nashors tooth cool down reduction for your ult and decieve is great with golem buff
6 guardian angel if your having trouble staying alive/ infinity edge if your doing fine
if you get infinity you can kill a tower in about 2 seconds with this build if you pop your ult and remember with nashors tooth and golem its like 30 seconds between ults also when you get your phantom dancer you can easily solo baron