Kassadin Help Please :-)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykes7

02-23-2011

Introduction:

Hello everyone and thank you very much for reading this, thank you even more if you help me out by commenting on it. I will be checking this frequently to update it and try to get a better understand of a champion who is **** cool.

So I just started playing Kassadin a week ago and I find him to be a blast but I have some questions that you the community would probably be quite fit to answer so here they are. ( I would prefer this questioned to be answered from a Draft Pick high elo mindset but feel free to add your input even if you do not have that experience.)

Questions:

1. When building Kassadin in higher elo and not just pub stomping is it wise to get catalyst, boots1 then soulstealer?

2a. In what situations do you turn catalyst into banshees veil instead of RoA?
2b. Does making it into Banshees Veil instead of RoA cut down your damage a lot?

3. How soon should I get my "W" to charge up force pulse.

4. Runes: For runes I am using Mpen Reds, AP/lvl Blues, MP5/lvl Yellow and Flat AP quints. Is this what I should be using?

5. Masteries I go standard caster masteries with 9/0/21 but I hear about some funky stuff with the defense and offense tree can anyone explain and endorse?

6. Summoner spells have been Ignite and Cleanse for higher elo is this a good idea?

7. What is a general higher elo core build, and what are some popular luxury items?

8. What level and what items do I need to start ganking? (I have heard at 6-7 is when I leave the lane to kill everything)

9. Is there any tips or tricks or random stuff you want to add put it under 9.

Thank you so much everyone I hope you can be of help.

Vizera

02-23-2011

1. Dont bother with a soulstealer. Kills will be harder to come by w/o pubstomping.

2.a This should be felt out depending on the opponent/
2.b yes.

3. Last or depending on the situation, if your scoring a lot of kills and your E is always up dont bother with it.

4.-6 : Everything sounds decent, I don't play high elo but have been playing Kassadin exclusively for awhile.
7: Kassadin items are generally the same at any level. Review the opponent, what they are building and counter that.
8. Level 6 is your guarenteed gank level, usually around 3-4 you can catch someone off gaurd. Be wary, without boots Kassadin is SUPER slow.
9. Some things I'd like to share. Using Rift to exit a fight is a lot better then rifting IN. In most circumstance if you rift in, they WILL notice and disable you for an easy kill. Waiting on a rift is horrible.
9b. Rifting can be used 1vs1 on a champ at around 50% hp for an almost guarenteed kill.
9c. Lichbane is amazing on Kassadin, costly item however, if for some reason you need more pushing power build a Lichbane, pretty much takes a tower down ASAP.
9d. Taunt people in to chasing you, a low hp Kassadin can bring out the greed in a lot of players for an easy gank setup.
9.e Don't bother replying to people who say "KS". Disregard non-team players. Kassadin is a character who guarentees kills. End of story.

Sykes7

02-23-2011

Thanks Vizera the help is much appreciated, could you give me an example of when BV is taken over RoA? My guess is if I am ever against Sion haha.

DrDragun

02-23-2011

Since there are a few threads about Kassadin I will copy my advice from there.

The most important thing about Kassadin is not so much his build as his movements. This video by 1950 elo Colbycheeze is a good primer. I take different masteries (Strength of Spirit so I dont get pushed around in lane so much) so I am giving this video more to show the movements than the actual build.

With that in mind, you can build a very glass cannon style and not spend 3000g on Rod of Ages but instead rush a Mejais and start ganking at very low levels and get your AP to fearsome levels on a low budget.

Just for reference my build is typically

• Amp Tome + Pot
  • When I have 1150 gold go buy Mejais + Boots 1
  • Start ganking immediately and use Exhaust + Ignite to guarantee early ganks will add to your stacks
  • Blasting Wand - at this point in the game you will be starved for mana and take some fountain trips, but some basic AP is more important than mana regen to secure your ganks and get stacks
  • Meki -> Tear - FINALLY I can breathe a sigh of relief with some mana regen, but if I got this too early then my ganks will be weak
  • Deathcap
  • Lichbane / Archangels
  • Banshees
  • Voidstaff when needed (it will be at some point)

[turley]x0qi3nRlqv4[/turley]

FootWork

02-23-2011

^ is completely wrong. Getting a soulstealer is a must with kassadin, seeing as how you shouldn't be dying with CLEANSE and riftwalk. He has the best escape mechanism in the game, why wouldn't you get mejais?
And yes, you should be packing ignite and cleanse as summoner spells. If your laning mid, you should probably last hit minions with null sphere seeing as how you will be getting harassed HARD by champions with a long range auto attack. Dont start harassing until you have atleast 2 points in null sphere. Once you get lvl 6, let the fun begin ^^

Hope this helped!

Sykes7

02-23-2011

Thanks guys, I am worried about my ability to keep health and mana without Catalyst vs good opponents the amp tomb seems pretty ballsy.

Vizera

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernucca View Post
^ is completely wrong. Getting a soulstealer is a must with kassadin, seeing as how you shouldn't be dying with CLEANSE and riftwalk. He has the best escape mechanism in the game, why wouldn't you get mejais?
And yes, you should be packing ignite and cleanse as summoner spells. If your laning mid, you should probably last hit minions with null sphere seeing as how you will be getting harassed HARD by champions with a long range auto attack. Dont start harassing until you have atleast 2 points in null sphere. Once you get lvl 6, let the fun begin ^^

Hope this helped!
Because he states high elo, so assuming players aren't gonna die to a 2 combo Kassadin early game. Thats why.

PS, I dont get why a snowball item is a Must in anycase when a lot of other items fill the same roll w/o the risk.

FootWork

02-23-2011

Well your item build should go like this
Meki Pendent> 2 health pots> Tear of goddess> Deathfires grasp (trust me, you will want this, and also learn to use the active), Sorc Boots/Ionian, Mejais, Archangels/Banshees, Rabadons, then void staff or another defense item.

FootWork

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizera View Post
Because he states high elo, so assuming players aren't gonna die to a 2 combo Kassadin early game. Thats why.
Okay... That still doesnt make sense. Your still going to get assists and kills somewhat in the game without dying.

Sykes7

02-23-2011

Hey Supernuca, I was going tear first but after watching a lot of higher end Kassadins they seem to pretty much always go Cata first what do you think?