Is mordekaiser OP or Under powered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

I love to use morde i think he is op but i want ur guys opinions and if u want list ur builds so i can try them

TheSeventhSeal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

i don't think he's either, i find him as a well balanced character that if played right will be a huge assest to the team.
my build usually depends on the team i'm playing but this is usually what i end up with
-frozen mallet
-boots of swiftness
-warmog's
-thornmail

Carados

04-13-2010

He's hideously good until everyone gets their first big survivability item online, then he kinda sits around looking useless.

Win early or go home, basically.

Rancid Sac

04-13-2010

depends who's playing on him

agree with carados, very important to do well early game

IndomitusRex

04-13-2010

You really need to mix in some dps items into a Morde build in order to keep him dangerous (and useful) in the end game. He's definitely not UP, as I've played (and seen) more than a few games where Mordekaiser gets a 4 to 1 K/D ratio. But he's not OP either, as he's quite counterable.

I like to build him with whatever boots are most appropriate, a Warmogg's, Bloodthirster, and a Frozen mallet. Most games end by that time.

NotoriousPi

04-13-2010

He's extremely annoying to lane with early game. But really, Kaiser is fueled by the creeps. When he doesn't have any to build up his armor, he pretty much begins to lose viability.

So, early game kaiser > late game kaiser. But if you have a good premade team, he's great for soloing that one lane while one of your members creeps.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to answer your question.
To me, Kaiser is strictly standard. He's a unique character, at most.

Karnikula

04-13-2010

mordekaiser actually doesn't need a lot of max hp (remember, he has metal)
so i go:
spirits visage
force of nature
dodge or merc boots
forzen mallet
mejais
leviathan

this build only works if you have a good earlygame
if you can't score a kill until lvl 7 you're doing it wrong

build goes with ignite / cleanse, a lot of dodge runes, dodge quints, spell pen reds and CD/lvl blues

after that i sell spirits for guardian angel, or if there's a healer i might also sell the FoN
and actually, merc boots and ninja tabi stack (not the movement but the rest) so sometimes it's a good idea to get both since ninja tabi is some hella cheap dodge

ps.: 9/21/0 (archmagy thingy not improved ignite)

CnB84

04-13-2010

This is how I've been building Morde and I've been enjoying a winning streak with him.

First a Regrowth Pendant for the start. This let's you use your abilities to your heart's content until you've reached level six or seven.

Siphon of Destruction and Creeping Death are maxed first before getting Mace of Spades. I usually use Creeping Death on a minion if the counter harass is unusually high. This let's me keep my shield up, while also pushing the lane back.

I build into a Warmong's, but I mostly likely will buy a Sorcerer's Boots before it's completed. The reason for the Warmong's is two fold;

1.) I need the regeneration to sustain my abilities and 2.) You won't always be able to use your abilities and even if you can, a substantional amount of HP and Regeneration to compliment them is a good way to win wars of attrition.

2.) Sorcerer boots let you hit extremely hard throughout the game. Usually once I get them, most heroes will lose a quarter of their HP with one hit from Siphon of Destruction and with Creeping Death, 60 to 80 per hit. It really hurts and it boosts your shield's recharge rate.

Next is a Force of Nature, followed by a Spirit Visage or an Abyssal Scepter. It kind of depends upon what my team has. If my team is dealing alot of magic damage, whether from nukes or items, I'll get the Scepter since it will enhance team damage, as well as my own. I'll get Visage if my team has alot of heals.

If the opposing team has alot of physical damage, I'll get a Thornmail. This is especially brutal when combined with the Scepter and Sorc boots, as the magic penetration/reduction enhances the return damage. I've had carries kill themselves on Thornmail, despite being in a weakened condition. Thornmail will win fights for you.

Finally, Frozenheart. I know, he has no mana, but the armor, cooldown reduction, and attackspeed debuff are insanely good for maintaining the shield, not to mention, it helps your team live by reducing enemy attack speeds.

Between this build and my abilities, I've soloed the greater part of an opposing team. There's hardly a hero in the game that could hope to win a straight up fight and most pairs had better pray that one of them doesn't die before getting me, because it's over once you have the ghost.

OmniOblivion

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pence View Post
I love to use morde i think he is op but i want ur guys opinions and if u want list ur builds so i can try them
It's just like any champion: he's good if you know how to use him.

I build my Mordekaiser Life Steal and Health:

-Stark's (grab at least Emblem of Valor first)
-Swiftness
-Haunting Guise
-Warmog's
(Stark's should be next after Warmog's)
-Force of Nature
-Guardian Angel

I have Ignite and Ghost on him.

Basically, I spam my abilities in order to keep my health and shields up. His abilities deal a fair amount of damage for a tank. Try to hit as many targets with Siphon (I'm not sure if as you can so that Haunting Guise can restore your health.

Whenever an enemy is lower than half health, ghost in, spam abilities, hit the ult and Ignite.

Ęzeal

04-14-2010

I build him tanky, and I usually only die mid/late game if I get ganked 1v5, even as a tank in team fights I don't die.

-Start with Regrowth
-boots of swiftness
-Regrowth becomes Warmog's
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter (HP, some AP to make abilities hurt more, and now Siphon and your ult slow!)
-Then its usually Thornmail, Force of Nature, Guardian Angel, Spirit Visage, or Warden's Mail depending on the other team (choose the approriate armor/MR for the game from the above)

Then get ignite and either flash or teleport.